Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

down goes another owner...

3 posters

Go down

down goes another owner... Empty down goes another owner...

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:20 pm

why is it whenever i beat someone they quit the franchise (aside from markbosco)? numbers are already down and i feel like i should just play 2 man under for some guys who can't read a cover2/3/4 so we can run scores (theres practice mode for a reason). this is the 2nd panthers owner who quit, and that dokken idiot who couldn't pass through a 3-4 cover 2 buzz...real hard...try running sometime and not just throwing into user picks to the flats on slip screens. anyways, i wanted to hear from you guys on in-game ethics and whether i was too aggressive in play calling in this last game. i'll give you a run down of how the game played out and if you can give me your opinions, good or bad i'd like to hear em.

this is greenwood12 (apparently he beats that dynasty bum from maddenation for money all the time, so he claims...laughs), he pm's me before the game and this is how the conversation went

him: sorry if i playing gay a gay offense (he has vick) i got nothin on defense
me: this is a sim league
him: whats a sim league
me: just try and play as close as you can to what you'd see on sunday
him: what about fg blocking? (i don't try to do this, think its lame...he thought it was fine but w/e)
me: sigh....lets just play

he returns the opening kickoff to my 10 and gets a td, my next possession i'm facing some crazy ass zone blitzes i wasn't expecting and throw a pick 6. this guy DEF knows what hes doing on defense. my next possession i try running through the blitzes and fail pretty hard, finally get some quick passes out of shotgun and work my way down for a td.

2nd quarter he drives down and gets hitsticked for a fumble in my endzone, and i get it back for a touchback. again he's just crushing my run game so i have to pick apart these crazy ass blitzes, some were nano's but i don't know if he set em up or not...he moves so many guys around i had no idea what he was doing except for the safty read...whom he controlled so it was even trickier. so i tied it up at 14 all in the 2nd and sure enough vick scrambled around til my zones broke down and he connected on a deep pass then a nice td run (somehow he missed the xp) 14-20. now heres one of his complaints; i was down 6 and he gets the ball back after half. aside from a fumble in my redzone i've yet to contain his 4 wr scheme and vicks ability. it was 4th and 10 on his 37 with around 50 seconds to go. its raining so a fg is out of the question, i decide to gamble and go for it. i ended up converting and driving in for a td makin it 21-20 at half.

3rd quarter another long pass from vicks scramblin ass and its 27-21. he stops my opening drive and i punt on 4th and 8 so he gets the ball and fumbles again to which i recover in my redzone. i drive down, kick a field goal 24-27. another big kickoff return sets him up for a 5 yd td run, 34-24 end of the third.

4th quarter he's now playin more zone and man blitz doin a real good job confusing me to all hell, but i manage to drive down and score again makin it 31-34. he gets a good return out to his 45 but comes up short on 3rd down and its now 4th and 3 with about 3:30 left. i knew (and i think he did) my cover 2 sink dbl qb spy was shuttin down his short game all day, so he punts as i would with a sick d like that. i think i converted 3 or 4 3rd downs and drove down to his 25 with about 1:15 left and it was 4th and 5. heres his 2nd complaint and my rebuttal; 1) i had 3 timeouts in which to spot him and get the ball back if i didn't convert. 2) i have bearly contained his offense all game when he needs to pass 3) he averaged 60+ yards per kick return. these are the reason i went for the win rather than the tie. needless to say i scored a td winnin the game 38-34.

its a wall of text i know, but certain situations require a more aggressive approach and i did what i though would yield me the best chance to win the game. was i out of line or would you have done the same? keep in mind i still had 3 to's, his passing game was on fire and he averaged over 60 yards per return needed only a fg to win with over a minute and 3 to's to work with.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

down goes another owner... Empty Re: down goes another owner...

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:34 pm

well he left so fuck him lol

but you said "its a sim league so do what you see on sunday" do you feel you did that? if not then you were out of line

but I didnt read everything and I must admit 4th quater I feel most rules ,not the rules that keep from bs glitches and stuff, but the 1s that prevent you going for it on 4th down .. or trying not to score to much .. go out the window unless its already a game youve got in your pocket you know ..

and if some1s playing very very very very very cheap then run the score up ..if you can of course ( sometimes theres a cb glitch idk of it but I read on an ea board you can make a cb go across the field and intercept any ball no matter how ridiculous.. thus why its a glitch lol .. dont worry even if I could pull it off ..and i cant ..I dont know how to glitch ..but again if I did my cbs suck 2 much 2 catch it lol )

how do you honestly feel? just be honest with us if you really feel you went over the line then u did he left so it doesnt matter but now youll know for the future you wont be booted the commish is good about things like this .. heck I just played him and he was going to let me go for it on 4th down ...but I stuck with going the sim way so i didnt feel dirty win or lose ..

also I want to add a rule .. if you move a dlineman into the lb spot ( like I do alot ) you can not move him past the middle of the field so theres no overload to defend a run even if u know theyre going there you shouldnt move over there thats bs just stand up and get ready to run and hopefully avoid blocks ..

..but stop beating ppl out of the league man lol jk
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:49 pm

i didn't think it was non-sim at all or i would've had gone for it, hard to win vs an aggressive team playin conservative so i didn't think anything of it other than it was one of the best games i've played all year. i tried to convince him to come back and get me back on that rm but he declined, and he didn't play cheese at all just very um....creative, specially on d. you can ask anyone who plays me i'd never try and cheese or glitch to win, thats what lobbies are for.

i haven't seen that cb glitch, and thats news to me. if i ever saw someone do that in a league i'd probably just leave lol. i don't know how people sit around and figure these things out like nanos and shit. i pick a play based off what coverage i think he's running. i read the safties, and corners if its a cover 4 and throw accordingly...not rely on these 'money plays' which are plastered all over youtube. its like some people don't even know the real game of football, just a couple plays that work and exploit it. the t-realist guy had a great d, ran ALOT of wildcat and milked the clock for his win...and yeah it was kinda lame, but it worked not cause it was a glitch, cause i failed to stop it. that new saints owner is real good and totally deserved his win so i have no problem at all losin to people who play straight, hell i dont care if they go for it on 4th's so long as they're not abusing money plays all game, thats all i ask.

i came to play online franchises cause i was sick of people who don't understand the game buyin these glitch books and tryin to get ranked by any means necessary, i just want to play other people who know the concept of a chess style game of sim ball. some situations may call for extreme measures, and i don't play for ties...and don't expect other to.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:45 pm

1st bro u dont have to defend yourself to me I believe you I didnt even read your hole 1st post it was alot and the guys gone so I didnt really care I was just saying if u felt u did something cheap maybe you did thats all my bad

as for the cb glitch it could of been last years madden..and id probably bounce as well lol thats bs idk how to glitch at all either nor do I want to I unfortunatly stumbled upon nano blitzing 1st by having it done to me a few times but also I did it to that guy bc he pissed me off , last years game not this game or league , ask the commish i play fair though I am limited in plays though so I practice when I can and try and get some new 1s down but I use the same maybe 5 formations all together but also switch up playbooks and I really dont cheese either but if somethings working for me i wont stop lol

as for d I know what your saying but cover 4 ? u mean 4 quaters? prevent? Ive never seen the actual name cover 4 and would love to take a look at it my corners suck so zone helps me sometimes ( sometimes murders me lol ) special play book?

I wanna say something clearly I wasnt attacking you at all..just asking you to ask urself.. i honestly dont feel u did anything cheap but I didnt read it all.. so my opinion means jack shit lol

Oh and when I said des that ppl move past the middle of the field isnt anything to do with you I just didnt want a new topic so I just added it here I hate when ppl move a de further than a certain point ( when hes standing.. if you overload the middle with the dline pressed in and you pull ur de closer or mlb closer its like a nano blitz thats absolutely against the rules ) but I stand my de up .. but I dont go running all over the field if hes a right end I stay on that side until the snap then Ill decide to either cover play qb spy and cover the middle like a mlb or blitz ( when I blitz it may seem cheap but again ask the commish or any of my opponents it doesnt help me at all I dont blitz faster or anything bc Im backed off you have more olineman and I hesitate lol )

u did good posting it on here though ... u were making sure everything was ok thats cool .. even with the guy leaving..ill trust u unless u bs me if we play lol

and your point on ppl not understanding the game is a huge understatement lol some people not only dont understand madden but they play and dont understand the nfl at all just like watching random game like playoffs ( not true fans ..probably with money who buy the game bc they heard its great and buy w/e the media tells them to because they have no brain lol )

back too cheesing .. Ill admit I get a lil bit cheesy like if i can run on you I will just keep running ( and run the clock down ..wich I hate losing that way but hey whatever is fair to win right? ) but if you can stop the run but cant cover some1 on a certain play maybe a half back to the flats or middle of the field ill exploit that , I dont consider it cheesing u needa learn d is how I look at it ..and many of my opponents have no problem so cheesing is in my opinion more of a hey this play will work no matter what he does ill just use it every snap .. thats bs

and ppl who just throw all the time I love unfortunately my team hates them lol I usualy rip them to shreads madden has made passing almost impossible on some routes since lbs can leap outa no where ( thats a glitch that the user doesnt do its just ea fucked up again..idk if they even watch american football lol ) and cbs can get in your wrs way of getting to the ball without a penalty ( any1 get any pass interference calls yet? ...exactly) deep pass you just need a safety their to run into the wrs route and as long as the ball was thrown ahead of where you stop him its just incomplete ... it drives me nuts..i dont do it..the cpu will 4 every1 tho ive noticed that threw out my games hate madden 2ks always been my choice .. then blitz but blitz isnt something I want to play online its amazing though if you havent played it play Blitz The League 2 great game id own it if I had the money
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:00 pm

i totally agree with the idea of keep doin what your doing if they can't stop it. now if it's something like screen screen wildcat wildcat screen screen than i'd say thats pretty non-sim cheese...but just my opinion, whether i'm stopping it or not. i personally would get bored running the same plays so i like to mix it up just to add a different element to my offense. i usually avg 100 yards rushing/200 passing so i'm pretty balanced.

i was hoping after patch 2 they would fix the sideline glitches and the flats coverage (its better but nothing i have faith in, i usually manually cover them anyways) but i don't see much difference. i was dumb enough to play a ranked game as if my 1st 15 losses to the cheesers didn't convince me. i finally decided to try a ranked game after all my unranked games left my killin people (they were just bad, REALLY bad). 1st guy i play goes with the titans and ran around making impossible throws with young and johnson in the wildcat...he didn't convert a 4th and 26 on my 40 but i just turned the game off anyways. boring.

the cover 4 is just two buzz zone 4 deep and two hook zones in the middle, pretty good for defending deep routes but very vulnerable to screens and underneath crossing routes...and the occasional skinny post if you have bad safeties. i dont like the standard one, so i'll go with the wk eagle slant, which blitzes a slot cb and olb and works great for long yardage 3 wr sets. if i want certain zone protection i can audible those two blitzing too do whatever. if i think he might screen i'll man up the blitzing slot corner on either the hb or wr, or put him in a buzz zone and the lb in a hook zone. you have to manually audible alot of basic d plays i think to stop peoples 'money plays', its just a matter of finding out what works. that play works for me cause it reads as if its a cover 3 (the safety sneaks up, the corners drop back when its really a cover 4 - no safeties move nor do the corners) so alot of people who can read d think its a cover 3 and try and hit that sideline pass and BAM buzz zone over there, int. or i can move the safeties apart and shade the coverage to the inside so people think its a cover 2 and try to hit that slot post, picked.

but apparently that defense is why dokken and the other panther owner left lol, always lookin for that deep ball :/
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:34 pm

im balanced as well i was just saying if u dont stop something I wont stop it but it wont be screens n i hate the wildcat in madden its such bs u can send an all out blitz and they wont go after him half the time its weird or you play the lbs blitzing and have the dline play outside contain and somehow your lbs blitz sum1 else and ppl drop into coverage it can get ugly lol

as for the deep pass ppl shouldnt expect to land that all the time or ever rely on it period..sure you can play action it or catch sum1 off guard or get lucky or have randy moss and a great powerful qb with time and a bad cb and ss/fs on the guy .. and usualy make the user catch ...

players like them dont belong here anyway how often do most teams go deep? stop it dont expect it all the time bc the game even knows to defend that lol

i was a run team..i dont have a rb for the season now .. or backup my wr who i like the most is hurt for the rest of the season( just season though unlike the rb whose really the season my wr just time wise its the season ) they both were my kr/prs bc the other guys fumble all the time so I need new game plans and my d was great but the last 2 games have me worried as they exploited the weaknesses in my favorite style of playing and made me personaly audible how i play ( they were winning at that point ) now the commish struggled for a bit with me we were 14-14 then something just went either wrong or hes just better and it took him time to figure out what I was doing either way I got beaten there then my team ..and a few myself started turning the ball over .. thats my teams biggest problem lots of TOs .. i usualy throw maybe a pick if im losing per game not even I never fumble and usualy get lots of picks and fumbles..some how it all backfired AND I HAVE LEWIS AND ED REED WTF DO YOU WANT ME TO DO DAMNIT LOL I really am blaming the team.. but also giving credit to the players I played they got me but they even said my kr fumbling is almost glitch like lol ( not their exact words and they didnt glitch) but its sad and hes a 96 at kr/pr ...wtf
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:33 pm

i've had 3 fumbles with turner before, 98 carry...no hitsticks just drops the ball. sometimes i swear the game decides it needs to be close and causes some bullshit to happen or something idk. i dont trust the defensive ai either, never know if they gonna hold their zone or go chasing squirrells and pickin flowers. sometimes i see urlacher just crouched over, all ready to make a play and just turn his head as the ball zips by him. SWAT IT YOU RETARD. do something, damn lol...and other times they just possess a superman ability and make a lynn swann catch...but its just a game, and it is what it is. hope we can get a new panthers and bucs owner, my divisions kind of bare.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:42 pm

lol well you got a point its just a game.. and maybe you should switch to another division or something bc im with u i hate playing the cpu i usualy sim it but then mad ppl get injured .. and the fumble things ridiculous but it doesnt cause cancer lol ..

madden has alot of work to do though ...

and the only benefit to playin the cpu is its almost a guaranteed win and you can play when ever you want to no scheduling .. like last years leagues ( wich was a bad idea 10 games per person wtf ) but besides that it doesnt help u much and thats just more teams you cant trade with next year and have 2 play the cpu 4 times a year already guaranteed nvm what other cpu teams u might run into
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfore Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:31 am

i know greenwood12 personally. i've played him once and he kinda cheesed me a bit. i've heard both sides of the story and i think he needs to chill. FF81 good game and you made the smart play by going for it. i talked to him today and he was still pissed.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:08 pm

haha fuck him .. I hate sore losers or winners that brag 2 much ( just saying) I mean winner has the right to say player of the week or play of the week or wow I cant believe ..yada yada

but really its childish to leave and worse to hold a grudge over a loss in a video game ..take a look at your life at that point lol

by the way ff81 I got your nickname carryn on there lol

and cyfore I looked you could be a real pain in my ass as far as playoffs so ..good luck but hope you drop enough to let me in lol

any1 see my team ? look at the game stats for the lions by players and tell me my rb doesnt deserve player of the week ( 4 tds) lol the guy with the krs should get special teams player of the week ( hey its where it took place..we should have 1 for weeks where a guy goes off like that..)
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:54 am

i'm sure he'll get over it...but seriously, i must have the worst luck ith opponents. right now the guy i as playing apparently just walked away after he was down 55-14 in the 3rd (and no i wasn't running the score up, in fact the only thing i was running was frank gore every play but he kept throwin picks and never stoppin the run). so here i am, an hour later....and over 50 delay of game penalties and he still hasn't came back. heres the real good part...

this retard starts runnin the no huddle towards the end of the 1st, he gets to my 20 with 2 seconds left and calls his last timeout and lines up for the field goal. i even pause the game, tell him its the first, and then graciously call a timeout for him! and he still pulls this kiddie shit...unfuckingbelievable!
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:17 am

wow glad hes gone
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down