Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backbreaker Leagues?

+2
Ryno341
falconfansince81
6 posters

Go down

Backbreaker Leagues? Empty Backbreaker Leagues?

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 pm

just curious to know how many guys will be getting back breaker in the spring? i'm sure by then we will all be madden'd out so it'd be cool to keep the leagues going with another game since i don't really play the show, or even madden much when the snow starts to melt. for anyone who hasn't heard of this pinnacle of football gaming, its a totally physics based game, meaning its made with the euphoria engine so there will NEVER be a canned animation like madden, and no tackle will ever be the time. this is NOT ragdoll either, its ai responsive and the possibilities with this technology is just endless. here is an old video and some screenshots, the website launches tomorrow (www.backbreakergame.com) and i'm sure it'll have some more new videos and screen shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F95Z2wkiUNs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNdjQox0W4&feature=related
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/958/958004/imgs_1.html

both those vids are old, but you can imagine how kick ass that would be...nfl license or not i think it'd be a breath of fresh air from the same ol 10 rehashed animation in madden. any thoughts on a league interest?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Backbreaker Leagues? Empty Re: Backbreaker Leagues?

Post  Ryno341 Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 am

I've always heard that Backbreaker's designers will eventually be bought out by EA to work on and help develop future Maddens. They actually have helped with other major releases ,such as GTA4, in developing their physics.

I will def be open minded about Backbreaker, but I'm just afraid that the physics will be the only good thing about the game. Madden gets a ton of crap for being rehashed every year, but to me the game still gets better and better every year. I would honestly be pretty happy if EA just bought out the technology because it would just add to the game that we all know and love.
Ryno341
Ryno341

http://ryansaidwhat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 am

at least your open minded to it, most people see no nfl license and run away. they've been working on it for years now, pretty sure they paid some attention to gameplay as that was what the entire physics engine was based around, football...not hand towells and sock stripes. i guess i like madden for what it is, a video game..but there are still many problems (morphing, suction tackles, 0 olineman awareness,time-shifting) that piss me off with it. this just looked like something cool to play in the off season. i personally hope ea stays far far away from this, maybe it'll give em some competition to step their game up for 2011
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:24 am

Yeah well I disagree about EA needing to stay away from this. I know EA gets a ton of crap, but do you really think there are many companies with the resources they have that could make a better football game than this one? Where are you 2k lovers out there?

The truth is, every game is going to have their flaws and bugs. I've never played a video game that doesn't have its share of bugs. So if a technology like this can come around, and they can add great minds to their development team, why not?

Not having the NFL license doesn't scare me away from it because I really like the strategy behind the game more than the players and logos. Although having the general knowledge of each players abilities from real life following of the game really helps when putting together a team and makes it way less tedious. For example, I know what I'm getting when I draft a Bob Sanders over a Adrian Wilson. However, with no names it would take that much longer to decide which to take. Plus the variation in players would be alot less extensive.

But like I said no names and license def does not scare me away from this game. I've been excited for a while to see how it turns out as well. I have a feeling it's not going to be a $60 dollar title for competition purposes, so I'm sure it will be worth checking out. The thing is, it WILL have its share of bugs. Don't let the flashy physics blind you. In fact, I would guess it will have more bugs than Madden ever has.

Our only real hope is if 2k comes back, but with the NFL license recently extended to 2012 with EA, that's looking like a longgggg shot for a while at least.

All in all I just want EA to acquire as much intellectual property as possible and advance this game as much as possible.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:17 pm

I will look into backbreaker...but I'm not gonna lie. Once the snow melts and the smell of peanuts and cracker jacks is in the air...I will be moving into baseball mode and will be getting excited about how I'm gonna draft my online franchise baseball squad. For those of you who have never played the MLB THE SHOW...it is arguably the best sports game out there....and with the rumor of them expanding the online franchise mode and online characteristics of the game (which were already amazing last year)...I seriously can't wait....once again...that is where 90% of these players in these franchises are from. This is actually greener's first year of running a madden franchise...these franchises all started out with nothing but MLB THE SHOW players from his baseball franchise on the show. I can't wait.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Well you all are going to have to try and convert me then, because I'm not much of a baseball fan. BUT Ken Griffey baseball on the SNes is one of my favorite games of all time. So I can find fun in all sports games really.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Ryno...you've got an open invitation as soon as the show comes out.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  freshmullet Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 am

i am Huge SHOW fan, great player, love the ghame , let me know if i am in, i have some history in other leagues on PS2 and PS3
freshmullet
freshmullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:04 am

I would love to have you bigmullet...I'm sure when we get into february...i will be taking names...Greenerrrr also runs a damn good mlb the show franchise...hmmmm...we might be able to put together another network like this one with madden
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  freshmullet Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:51 pm

yes, the network thing like this franchise is a good thing, why have the same Program for The Show, can't wait for the game, i am from Philly, and have been Phillies fan for 32 years, i am 40
freshmullet
freshmullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:02 pm

I'm in. You all have me excited for it. If it's okay, I call the Texas Rangers! I know alot of you will be fighting over them............haha
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Haha! It'll be a fantasy draft just like madden...you can have whatever team you want bro!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Backbreaker Leagues? Empty MLB the SHOW - in the SPRING

Post  GREENERRRR Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:33 pm

I hope to contionue with our Madden online franchises until they reach the 10 year END-DATE - we may increase our playn period,,, In the SPRING - Our focus will shift to MLB the SHOW! - thats where this group started anyways! - the founders met on MLB the SHOW - in a lg that i ran - (Mjkight, Deathwish22, jmojsoski, yanksuck007, Den_24, booboo2k8, dtigertron, Dlew16, iamwasted1172, Jackson305, JumPPP8, Mapache, schloer87, wilson22, dabrickwall39) - and i heard - that Sony will be having an Online Franchise - (similar to Madden) for the upcoming MLB the SHOW season - so i am hopeful - we can take a miminum of a third of the 150 players in our current Network of Madden franchises - and start the Best MLB the SHOW - Online Franchise - I am certain that we can have a new franchise up and running faster than we had Greeners franchise running (that was +3 days of the Madden release) - i would like to make our goal for the upcoming season of MLB the Show - even quicker - BUT THIS IS A WAYS OFF YET - the focus is still Madden - i WILL start a message string recruiting interested players - in late February - we will hit the ground running - like we did for Madden - all the original players in Greeners franchise were recruited excluisively from the show - AND I AM PROUD THAT ALMOST HALF ARE STILL WITH THE FRANCHISE - THIS IS A REMARKABLE STAT - we started a franchise b4 anyway else did - (with 32 players) - and we have maintained this level with half of the original owners - this is HUGE - i am certain that Deathwish22 franchise has similarf stats he can boast with...

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Backbreaker Leagues? Empty mlb the show

Post  kavorka2 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 pm

greenerrrr, if u start making a list of players in the online franchise, count me in! i love baseball

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Oh yeah...I still at least half of the guys who originally started in my franchise...and I have a few different players than greener's franchise in that category...I can't wait for MLB THE SHOW...but as Greenerrrr said my main focus will be this franchise until the time comes to start promoting MLB THE SHOW.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down