Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is going on?

+2
Mjkight
Deathwish22
6 posters

Go down

What is going on? Empty What is going on?

Post  Deathwish22 Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:17 pm

In the last week...we've had 3 guys quit the franchise because of either scheduling conflicts (slowmotion4me), crying about winning games (nickkwiesh) or players on their squad (booboo2k9)...I know the chargers aren't a bad team...the guys who played with that squad before booboo2k9 did extremely well. I know we have a general idea of which teams are good and bad (roster wise)...but look at other guys who have come along (djgamer124 and falconfansince81) who have totally dominated after taking over a squad. The browns were always at the bottom of their division before...and look where that squad is now. I just don't get it...maybe people are just getting burned out on Madden.

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

What is going on? Empty Re: What is going on?

Post  Deathwish22 Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm also starting to wonder if this network of franchises is getting too far spread out...we never had scheduling problems before when it was just 3 or 4 franchises. I think that some of these guys who are in all the franchises (5+) in this network are now not as focused as they used to be. If you went back to season 1 and season 2 of both the deathwish and greener's franchises...we NEVER had to grant extensions...it seems like now it's an every week thing...I'm just rambling on right now...but I just wonder if any of you in this franchise are starting to feel the same way I am. I know that for myself...it's hard enough just to keep up with making sure this franchise is running in top notch shape and playing my games in both this franchise and greener's franchise...I couldn't imagine playing in over 5 franchises...where the hell do you get the time? I also noticed that some commissioners are no longer sending out reminder messages to guys who haven't played their games for the week yet...I know that you guys are probably sick of my reminder messages...but I send them out to everyone who has not completed their games in the first 24 hours...and although it is extremely time consuming on my part, it seems to keep the franchise moving...we've only had to grant extensions this season in my Deathwish Franchise due to the holidays...and for as irritating as those messages get...I think it motivates guys to play their games...especially guys who are in 5+ franchises...I dunno...I might just be rambling on about nothing...What do you guys think?
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

What is going on? Empty NoI completely

Post  Mjkight Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:04 pm

agree actually i have been thinking about the same thing. I got too carried away myself ended up in 7 leagues. I finally dropped one lg...i think if we had only 3/4/5 lgs isntead of 7 the particapation in the lgs would be better and scheduling would not be as big of a deal.

Mjkight

Back to top Go down

What is going on? Empty Totally Agree.

Post  djgamer134 Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm in 4 franchises. I think i may drop out of 1 maybe even 2. But now that the holidays are coming to a close, people should be more consistent with scheduling their games.

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Do you think I should repost this message in greener's franchise too? I'm just curious to see what people are thinking.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

What is going on? Empty on both sides

Post  blackchucky1 Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:46 am

I understand where you are coming form but i think what happens where some of the guys are in so many LGS is guys who first start witht he lgs had the best teams cause they drafted they team.. I dont care what anyone says you can never do better than drafting your team( you know what gusy work for you even if they are not the top guys) so Greener was nice and helped thigns grow with other LGS. but I think with some people they are getting burned out on madden, cause I use to only see madden when I looked at friends games now I see all the new games that have came out in the last month or so. When thoses (new guy) came in at first and like it now the started dropping and the old guys started helping fill the spots. so thats what I think happen with some of the guys

blackchucky1

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrillstar Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:13 am

I am only in this franchise so I cannot speak about what it is like to be in several franchises at once and be able to schedule games but I have noticed it has been very difficult scheduling games with a few of my opponents. I will be logged on ready to go and so will they and I will message them telling them im ready to play and they will say "Okay after this game." And then after an hour they will say, "Sorry dude, I got other games that are close to the deadline that I have to play" even if the game for this franchise is close to the deadline. Now I am reasonable and willing to be flexible but it gets annoying when I tell them, "Hey I have to play you tonight because I got work tomorrow and the deadline is in the morning" and they just cannot find time to play because of other games in other franchises, or not respond because they are so busy, or they tell me they can only play me in a certain amount of time and keep me waiting until 3am when I have to get up for work at 6am. You know what I mean?

If they can handle all those franchises and still get their games in but be able to be flexible and respect all opponents time restraints and realize that it is not all about their schedule but all of their opponents' as well then more power to them... but if not then maybe they should find someone to takeover one or two of their franchise teams.

It hasn't been a major issue from my perspective but nonetheless an issue.

Scrillstar

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:57 pm

I disagree with the whole drafting your own team is best...I guess im the rare case..I inherited the team in deathwish league. The team was decent but not great...I still manged to win the SB with that team. I say that because my team in grennerr franchise is super nasty..and I still have yet to win it all..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Blackchucky - Yeah bro...I gotta be honest...there is nothing that pisses me off more in this franchise than when guys leave without an explanation and then ignore every single message I send to them. But just to let you know...you're not the only one. I understand stuff happens and things can piss a guy off enough to make them quit...but leaving and ignoring the commish is just childish...I had nothing to do with the reason you quit and you took it out on me. All i basically am is a boss or school principle to all you guys...I deal with all the bullshit, I resolve fights and arguments, and listen to guys complain constantly...but on the other side of it...I think I'm a damn good boss...I'm on daily...I reply to every single message sent to me. I believe I am the only commissioner anymore who sends out messages daily to his franchise members reminding them to get their games in to keep the franchise moving. I'm not cocky...I just know the amount of hard work and time I put into my franchise and I do care how guys react and how they feel in my franchise. There is a reason this franchise is one of the most popular franchises out of all the one's in greener's network on here...and I take pride in stuff like that because I put forth the effort to continue to make this franchise successful. Leaving without any explanation and ignoring me for weeks is only disrespectful and truly shows the immaturity of the online player...but with that being said...I also give second chances to people on here and in life in general...and have given many guys second chances in this franchise. Some have back to bite me in the end...but I stand by all my decisions. We all make mistakes...but continuing to ignore them doesn't fix anything.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum