Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salary Cap

+2
JohnnyLagZ17
Christonite
6 posters

Go down

Salary cap

Salary Cap Vote_lcap14%Salary Cap Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Salary Cap Vote_lcap86%Salary Cap Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 7

Salary Cap Empty Salary Cap

Post  Christonite Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm thinking about implementing a salary cap style thing at the end of the season, but instead of player salary we can do it by player ratings. The way that I would do it is assign a point system depending on player ratings, take the average of the league and try to keep all of the teams within 10-15% of each other. What do you guys think of something like this?

Salary Cap Capsystemfinish
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

https://madden.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Salary Cap Empty Re: Salary Cap

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:37 pm

dont penalize teams for having good players but if theres free agency ( Im assuming there is ) teams should only be allowed so many signings or should let the worst teams try first.. or so many offers at a time..

I do suggest waiting until the offseason to think of any of this ..there may be a system madden has in there ... also could this league move a lil quicker not being a dick just cant wait to see what an offseasons like so many ppl dont advance or close their leagues or dont play their games so im excited lol
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfore Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:15 am

if we use the salary cap the "cap" should be a little higher than the best rated team. It's only safe to assume all teams are currently under the cap.
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:46 pm

The cap would have to be within a percentage of the average. Having a salary cap that is outside the team with the highest cap makes no sense, because essentially there's no cap in place.....

For instance if the Yankees have a 500 million dollar payroll and the average of the league is 150 million you don't set the cap at 501 million, just because there was no cap in place before.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:37 pm

remember rookie picks for bad teams .. who will have other high priced players they cant drop will cost alot .. most nfl salarys are close to the same ( yes the caps formed this ) but the way we set the cap has to revolve around that idea..

bc if you finish last and your team sucks but you have say peyton manning at qb and brian urlacher at mlb and maybe a few o/d lineman who cost alot or a top cb ( theyre all gonna be like 10 mill at least a season..) then theres no way you can get better threw the draft and trades will get all screwy bc ppl will be like well I wouldnt of signed him for that much so no way

plus were stuck with the teams we have so if theres a salary let us cut players we dont want first to avoid penalties that way owners ( like me ) who didnt draft their own team dont get penalized when the offseason starts and they dont resign some1 bc they dont want them or some bs...
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  PatriotJames Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 am

Leagues Fail because of salary caps...after all the trading and signing we do...who's going to honestly know who is over the cap and who isnt? 53 players is hard to keep track of. if this were basketball thats a different story...the worst teams will get the best pick in the draft and that should be enough to help improve those teams. end of story.
PatriotJames
PatriotJames

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:10 am

we do need something though so people arent resigning every1 but also arent losing ppl like tom brady either .. but arent keeping 3 qbs for trade bait ... and also so its not just a spend fest at the free agent market lol we need something but we have to be smart about it or else this hole thing will fall apart
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  cas850 Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:04 am

i voted yes b/c it would be nice to have a system like that...

however i recognize in practice it would be much harder to implement and maybe we should just leave it the way it is because whoever said it would be too hard to keep track of all the players.

maybe if we get further down the road with a solid ownership roster we can commit to something like that.
cas850
cas850

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:13 am

This is just an idea I had, and there's no way I would go forward without approval from the players in this league.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  THAxHEADHUNTER Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:45 am

at the end of the season there will be a draft of the rookies coming into the league, and the old players will be retired!!! some player ratings will go up and some down!! so thats when the drafting comes into play, worse teams get to go first as well!! just like in the pros!! so with that, i will say leave it the way it is!!
THAxHEADHUNTER
THAxHEADHUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum