Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About the new rule

+3
GREENERRRR
Xbr-run-it-m16x
jmojsoski
7 posters

Go down

Feelings about new rule

About the new rule Vote_lcap50%About the new rule Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
About the new rule Vote_lcap50%About the new rule Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 10

About the new rule Empty About the new rule

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:38 pm

How do you guys feel about going offsides intentionally after you have sacked the QB intentionally? Do you feel it is necessary? How would this rule affect a game's outcome? How would sacking a QB greatly affect a game? Is this pissing ppl off to were we have to implement more rules? Sacking the QB before an exchange happens, but, it rarely does, right? Is this happening so much as to were we need to do more to stop it? If we keep adding more rules to stop it, will people change up their style of play because their aggression can cause then the game? How can this rule affect situation play calling? Think about all these questions before you answer...Now Do you agree with the rule or not? If you agree state why please and if you don't state why.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty Re: About the new rule

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:39 pm

100% of the ppl agree..yay..lol..ok...um, i agree simply for the questions a stated above in the topic..this rule is not necessary..How many reported case we have in this league were ppl are sacking the QB? Is the old rule ( taking away draft picks) not working? Why does the league feel we have to implement more? Yes sack the QB b4 the exchange pisses me off but it happens and the old rules work.. I am guilty of this charge and i am going to pay the consequences for not complying with league rules..Why should ppl guilty if this charge face more punishment..Also this rule can take the aggression out of their D play calling...We are sim style players right? Are we sim style league committed whose trying to protect the QB( we all no the brady rule)... You cant even lay a dam finger on the QB in real life..now in madden, this rule can make ppl blitz less and play more zone because sacking the QB b4 exchange is not planned it happens...Playing zone makes ppl more vulnerable to the run...All im saying, the rules in placed haven't failed, so why make more rules...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:46 pm

i meant to hit disagree...lmao
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Xbr-run-it-m16x Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 pm

What if it's 4th down? Do you punt it. And either way if you sack em and jump offsides they
still lost a down. Idk I just disagreed to even the score lol

Xbr-run-it-m16x

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty Tackling the QB b4 the exchange with the RB

Post  GREENERRRR Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:08 am

This is a totally unrealistic event that can happen in the game! The encroachment penalty the player must take - after breakn this rule - will only Net the Offensive player (who was screwed over) 2 YARDS TOPS! - (remember he loses 3-4 on the BS tackle of the QB b4 he can make the handoff to the RB!) - IN ADDITION THE OFFENSIVE PLAYER LOSES A DOWN AS WELL!!!!!! - The loss of the down is more important than the measly 2 yards that the player would net from the encroachment penalty - in fact - I wouldnt mind forcing the offending player to do 2 Encroachment penalties in a row - so that the OFENSIVE player would NET 7 yards in this situation - This sounds reasonable to me - i think the singe encroachment penalty is generous to offender of this rule - afterall the offensive player is still in a worse situation than he started in (Even after the Encroachment penalty)

Some1 asked about this happening on 4th down!!! AMAZINGLY it happened to me - 4th and 1 on the Goaline! - he tackled my QB b4 the exchange - and i loss the ball on downs - he could even have a chance to do the encroachment penalty because he had the ball - GOOD QUESTION - lets brainstorm - How should we deal with this situation...

The overall rule of losing a 2nd round pic after 8 offenses of this rule will stay in place - the encroachment penalty is meant to mitigate the losses the Offensive players suffers through no NEGATIVE actions on his part - The draft pic is a good deterent for guys who may think to activley gameplan for a BS blitz - but does nothn to help the player that sufferes this in a game - the encroachment penalty is designed to off-set the losses this player suffers

This is an important topic to some player in our network - PLEASE voice your opinion on this topic - I am not a Dictator! (btw - this rule was decided through a suggestion by mjkight - and was discussed in a group chat with Deathwish22 and myself - b4 it was implemented - (we dont just think up rules out of the blue! - -we try and think them out!

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty The Addition to the Current Rule

Post  GREENERRRR Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:13 am

just an fyi so every1 know what we are talkn about...

THE ADDITION TO THE RULE WILL BE:

when a player tackles the QB b4 the exchange with the RB - the next play, the defensive player is to go offside - at the very least this will give back the yards the offensive player lost... if inside the 10 yard line - he is to go off-side until the offensive player gets back to the original LOS MINIMUM

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty to jmokoski

Post  kavorka2 Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:18 am

to compare this rule to the 'Brady rule' in real life is absurd. this is about just BS plays that happen in video games. take this for instance :
while playing djgamer. it happened once during a drive when i was on his side of the field. (not that big of a deal, killed the drive, but whatever) then the second time it happened, i was at my own 2 or 3 yard line (because i stopped him on 4th down, he was down 10 points with one minute and 40 seconds left in the game!!), i had a two tight end set and all, ran with my FULLBACK, and my QB gets nanosacked on FIRST down. like Deathwish says, its kinda BS when it happens on key plays of the game. He actually came back to beat me in that game.

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

Post  boywonder410 Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Ok I'm totally opposed to the rule but there are some things that I don't like for one strech run plays there is a extremly high chance this happens if u blitz on these plays cause the handoff is so long fb dives is also a problem itys really hard to stop fb dive and it won't happen inless u blitz so imagine a short yardage situation where u expect a fb dive so natuarally u blitz but no fb dive comes another run play is called u will have a extremly high chance of breakin the rule also a problem I have is if the opponent sees u blitzing up the middle why not pinch the line becausse he couldn't read a blitz I get penalized BS sorry I think intentions was right with this rule but it too many variables for it too be a good rule right now
boywonder410
boywonder410

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:06 pm

yes it can compare to the Brady rule...only because it can take the aggression out of situational play calling...Defensive's cannot be as nearly as aggressive as they once was because you can't touch the QB...This rule makes me want to blitz less....If a rule makes you change ur style of play ( especially if its not a cheating style of play) then the rule should be revised or reevaluated.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty FB Dives

Post  GREENERRRR Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:06 pm

U dont have to blitz to stop a FB dive - Pinching Your DL with BIG players with HIGH STRENGTH ratings is effective as well - SOME1 tackleD my QB b4 he was able to hand the ball off on a FB dive - AND THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN - literally - the ball is snapped - the QB doesnt even have to move his feet he just rotates his hips to the right or left and hand the ball to the FB in the dive hole - it literally should take less than a second - THERE IS NO WAY HE SHOULD BE TACKLED B4 HE HANDS THE BALL OFF

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  boywonder410 Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:38 pm

Wow greenrrr sounds like you are basically saying not to blitz at all on a run play
boywonder410
boywonder410

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty I am torn on this one!

Post  yanksuck007 Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:25 am

On one hand the rule would be good in case it happens to you more than once or twice in a game. Cuz its not real pulling lineman dont ignore players right in front of them in real life. They would at least give them a chip or a stiff arm to attempt to slow them up unlike on the VIDEO GAME where they let them go. On the other hand if a guy is scared to unleash a blitz that works for him to get pressure on the QB because of the rule the whos it helping? Most of the time when ive seen this happen is when someone uses nickel 1-5-5 prowl and they jam 5 guys on one side of the line and NOTHING u do can stop it. I did not cast a vote cuz of these reasons. it has happened to me and i have done to guys also(inadvertantly) and either way it happens it is BS. i should not sack your QB if u are doing a running play nor should u mine.
yanksuck007
yanksuck007

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:57 pm

so by not voting..you agree since the rule is already in place....If you agree cast the vote for agreeing...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:34 pm

dont like the rule bc I believe we all play without nano blitzing.. if sum1 does it report it on here or let the commish know.. if he has 4 games in a row where he does it boot him ... easy enough

and if you feel hes setting up the nano message him saying w/e play it is your getting to my qb to fast and i will post video of it .. c what he says .. n then keep playing a ppl using nanos dont win ...
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty JonnhhyLagz

Post  GREENERRRR Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:14 pm

again u r absolutely right - and that is why the essence of our main rule is to stop player who "game plan" for this kind of blitz - that is why after 8 incidents - U LOSE A DRAFT PIC - this protects the player - that does this inadvertainly from time to time - while having a DETTERRENT for players who may gamelan for this kind of blitz - the addition of the "enchroachment penalty" - IS A NO BRAINER - IT JUST GIVES THE GUY WHO GETS SCREWED BY THIS BLITZ - The yards he lost - HE IS STILL LOSES THE DOWN - (and in my view this does not fix the situation for this player - BUT ITS A START)

I AM NOT TELLING ANY1 NOT TO BLITZ OR PLAY AGRESSIVE - i am sayn dont blitz in a way that will tackle the QB b4 the exchange

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 pm

well ive been right alot so far lol bouta ruin that streak

the sack cant be taken back ever like u said the downs still lost and with encroachment it may not even gain back the yards still..

and the voting actualy wasnt 50/50 like it shows ( not saying u didnt know this) some1 said they voted the wrong way ..so youll get your answer there

but I feel since you cant make up for the yards maybe on ur drive u should have to kneel on ur 1st down ( unless ur in ur endzone )

I dont like having a rule for somethiing some of us have happen by accident n usualy never happen but also we cant let the cheaters get away with it i cant argue that but if u feel the guys cheating how about u message the commish ( well wed message u lol ) and u decide if theres cheaters in the lg if there r we ban them so were clean by the playoffs ( thats the most important )

or if its twice in a row it happens you should have to give them a 1st down sum how then just go from there .. how about that? bc by accident means u called the perfect play n set up on purpose its cheap n will happen again no1 would accidentaly do it twice ..

how about that? ( and I mean not just 1 game but 1 drive and expecialy in a row )
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:29 pm

and commish Im not tryn to challenge your athurity ( spelling? sorry this is pathetic ) I hope it doesnt seem that way but I do this in all the sim leagues theres plenty of rules that are missing or "flexible"
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

About the new rule Empty Blitzing doesnt equal Nanosack

Post  kavorka2 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 pm

period. i've blitzed alot in many games, and i havent 'nanosacked'

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down