Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled)

5 posters

Go down

PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled) Empty PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled)

Post  GREENERRRR Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:02 pm

I played a game in the last 14 days (it doesnt matter who my opponent was) - but i promised i would make this post known to EVERY1 - so they can make up their mind - AND DECIDE IF I AM A CHZer or not - (I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AND STAND BY all my decisions i make in franchise play)....

Here is the situation.... (btw - it is admitted and confirmed by both me and my opponent that I BROKE NO RULES)

Playn earlier in the game i missed a 15 yard field goal (thats right 15 yards! - i know some of u guys could have made that field-goal by launching the ball from your A S S! nevertheless; i failed MISERABLY!).... LATER IN THE 1ST QUARTER - i had a 4th down and 7... on my opponents 32 yard line- These were my options:

1) Try a 47 yard field goal - (My track record and confidence of success was weak - i would estimate - DEFINITELY UNDER 10% - probably closer to 5%)

2) Punt the ball - (i am a decent punter - but it would be tuff to nail 1 inside the 10 - (i would estimate that getting the ball inside the 20 as about 33% chance and inside the 10 at under 15%) - AND THEIR IS always the chance - (especially in this addition of Madden that the returner makes a huge gain on the PUNT) - if i get a touch back -which was a likely scenario- I WOULD NET 12 MEASLY YARDS!

3) GO FOR IT! - perhaps get a 1st down - and the drive continues! the worse thing that could happen - there is an incompletion (THERE WAS NO WAY I WOULD ALLOW MYSELF TO BE SACKED ON A 4TH DOWN TRY) - and he gets the ball on the 32 yard line - 12 yards ahead of where he would have likely got the ball on a punt....

- I did a quick COST/BENEFIT ANALYSIS in my head (as my undergrad in Economics and Finance - has trained me to do) ... and i chose to GO FOR IT! - - amazingly - and probaly the reason for my opponents angst and the subsequent need for this post - I SCORED A TD PASS ON THE 4TH DOWN CONVERSION!

SO LET ME HAVE IT GUYS - IF U THINK I AM CHZER - lay into me - i duck no punches - i stand by my call - I THINK IT WAS A LEGIT AND LOGICAL DECISION - but if my opinion is wrong - I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT - please dont hold anything BACK! (this is nothing personal - and i will have no ill feeling to any player that think i am a CHZer for this play)- and if i am wrong - i will re-adjust my view on things and appolgize to this individual - SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW U FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION!

* fyi - i never ended up winning the game - but a promise is a promise

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled) Empty the punt rule

Post  blackchucky1 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:11 pm

I dont think theres anything wrong with that, Ive played a few people and I know that witht he lay of the game and sometimes with how you feel or you may see something tht will make you feel like going for it on 4th down. When i play someone and they go for it I dont get madd. I dont get madd when they do all the rules long as it seemd as the game is real. if the play of the game is real I dont hold it against them. you can feel when some one is not playing real. Now about what you did i mean you have to see the game. But some people use the rules to help them... like the hide behind them owe they went for it on 4th down, hell if they only went for it 2 times and you lost by more than 21 points!! what are we talking about.

blackchucky1

Back to top Go down

PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled) Empty Re: PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled)

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:42 pm

good point
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Greenerrrr...I don't believe you are a Cheezer...but with the score tied 0-0 on your opening drive in the first quarter I would have taken the field goal opportunity on a 4th and 7 on my opponent's 30 yard line (just out of respect for my opponent)...most teams in the nfl would have not gone for it on 4TH AND 7 (with the score tied)...especially when they have a dependable kicker who has a boot...regardless of whether or not you had missed a field goal in an earlier game or previous attempt...99% of the NFL coaches would send their kicker out there for a 2nd chance to redeem themselves in a real 100% legit football situation...going for it on 4th and 7 or more at any time in this game when the score is tied is before the first half is over is just ridiculous...especially when you're in field goal range...and yes...being on your opponent's 30 yard line in the NFL is in field goal range...does anyone disagree??...it sounds like you were just desperate for a score because you knew the caliber of the online player you were going up against. Very Happy

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:13 pm

lol yah greeners no cheeser as far as i can tell ( havent played the guy but want to ) but sometimes you would do that...very rarely ..
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled) Empty Deathwish

Post  GREENERRRR Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Ty for thinkn i am not a CHZer - but my decision not TRY to kick a 47 yard field goal - WAS NOT BASED SOLELY ON MY EARLIER MISSED FILED GOAL - i just suck at kicking filed goals - and the % of success i listed are accurate - if NFL coaches were faced with the same % of success - that i was facing - THEY would have MADE TRHE SAME DECISION - it was the logical course of action - AND I STAND BY MY ACTIONS

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

PROMISE MADE (and fullfiled) Empty lol

Post  DEN_24 Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:44 pm

definitely dont think the guy would have called you a cheeser if youd missed the 4th down conversion lol probably just pissed cuz he ended up losing the game... i hate people that complain about nothing... like if the guy goes for it on every single 4th down then yeah, hes cheese, but once in awhile, especially from that distance, i think its fine... even if it was 4th and long from the 40, id still go for it depending on the circumstances... and ive seen alot stranger decisions made in the nfl this year
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down