Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4-6 Defense is BOGUS

+9
boywonder410
Deathwish22
blackchucky1
yanksuck007
JohnnyLagZ17
falconfansince81
DEN_24
Mjkight
GREENERRRR
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty 4-6 Defense is BOGUS

Post  GREENERRRR Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:21 am

This defense is strong against the run... but weak gainst the pass - WELL SHOULB BE - but in this addition of madden - its pass defense ability is way to STRONG - this defense places "8 men in the box" - which should make a solid defense vs the run - and it does a decent job at run defense - but against a 3 WR set (or more) it should be exploited consistantly - However this is not translated into Madden 10...

and it seems that more and more guys are catchn onto this - there are plenty of players that are content to stay in a 4-6 defense the entire gm REGARDLESS OOF THE OFFENSIVE SET - this is totally unrealistic - but not their fault - they r just putting their team in the best chance to win - THE FAULT IS AGAINST MADDEN PROGRAMMERS -0 every year they make a mistake like this - and it doesnt take long for it to work its way through the entire madden community

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty i have the 4-6

Post  Mjkight Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 am

in my playbook but i certainly dont stay in it..sometimes ill play a zone but i say it can be exploited thats why i dont use it much...greener i think you have to take in account who the players are....if you got two good corners two good safetys and maybe really athetic linebackers that also have a good zone rating or something i could see certain guys being harder to exploit.

Mjkight

Back to top Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty Re: 4-6 Defense is BOGUS

Post  DEN_24 Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 pm

have to agree with greener on this one... played a few guys that stay in it almost all game, and more often than not they have a few other cheap tricks up their sleeve too... but it would be hard to make a rule about not staying in it all game tho, but lets just hope they fix it up next year... or maybe in a future update ??? woulda been alot better if they fixed all those glitches instead of adding a whole new dimension to the game with that card thing lol still pretty fun tho
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 pm

thats because lb's can backpedal as fast as wr's can run forward. and don't forget the 20 yard bump and run rule, thats another gem the madden team included. i could go on about the major flaws in this game but its already been beat to death. my favorite is the 1 5 5, in theory a big set would destroy that formation but not in madden...no...somehow 1 dt, 5 lb's > 5 ol, 2te, 1 fb. hows that work? guess its the same with the 4-6, that shit isn't logical but what can ya do? overloads work ok but your right, lb's have near superman abilities sometimes and can cover the best wr's.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 pm

man i miss 2k...
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  yanksuck007 Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 am

2K was a joke. and madden will never be as perfect as we would like. cuz no matter what someone will find a glitch then someone else and so on. this is THE BEST MADDEN EVER. they got rid of that stupid spectacular catch that 5 yr olds could execute every play if they wanted. slowed it down to make it more realistic but by doing all these things to improve it , they ignored some the apparent things that needed to change like the NANO's and blocking the FG's. overall tho i love this madden, BUT next years should be alot better! right? i fuckin hope so or ill be playin NCAA 2011! Twisted Evil
yanksuck007
yanksuck007

Back to top Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty Falconfansionce81

Post  GREENERRRR Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:33 pm

your post read my mine - - the 1-5-5 was going to be next RANT - i think that is worse than the 4-6 - its true - ANY JUMBO DOUBLE TE SET - should destroy that defense - 3 yards a carry - AT THE VERY LEAST! - carries would avg like 5-6 and there would be consistant 10 and 20 gainers all the time - BUT NOT IN THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF MADDEN - there is a place for that formation and the playbook - but as a base defense - wherew some1 consistantly uses it - THEY SHOULD FAIL MISERABLY - AND THIS DOESNT OCCUR - its a joke

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty hey you have to take in game play

Post  blackchucky1 Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 am

Look I know some things should happen cause of the people on the field but at the same time you ever think its the person on the sticks?? Like boywonder the guys is good and he plays different stuff that I been able to beat other guys that run some of the stuff that he does, but he jsut like everyone else has holes in his game ( not shown right now lol ) and when you find them is it a glitch then??yes there are problems with the game but what game isnt?? and far as that 2k bs man be real

blackchucky1

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 pm

I've been playing with the 46 defense for my whole madden career. To me it is the best defense on this game and has been for years. I don't use it against a 3 wideout offense though...it is meant to be a run stopper.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty Deathwish22 is right again

Post  GREENERRRR Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Cheers bro - thats exactly my point - nothn wrong with running the 4-6 when u think your opponent is going to run the ball - THAT ITS STRENGTH - my point is - that it is too effective again 3 and 4 WR sets - when in reallity, IT SHOULD BE THE 1 OF THE WORSE FORMATIONS WHEN U PLAY AGAINST THAT SET - if the opponent has even AVG skills and he catches the offense in a 4-6 - and he has a 4 WR set - it should be a successful play - solely based on that

MADDEN NEEDS TO MAKE PLAY SELECTION MORE OF A FACTOR IN THIS GAME - and stop allowing glaring mis-matches like this from being successfulk\

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  boywonder410 Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 am

ok greenrrr is a classy guy he would never call a guy out inless he was blatantly cheating/glitching, on that note i feel this post is about me and have no problem with it or explaining a few things about 4-6 defense. the problem lies in how well ppl cover 1 on 1 especially if u have decent user skills the problem in real life if someone run 4-6 against 3-4 wr sets it don't mean ppl get wide open just that down field there will be alot of 1on 1 matchups because u almost never will catch a ball inless your man is wide open in madden thats what makes it effective. catching passes in tight spaces is very hard to perform against some 1 with decent user skills because they will probably just hit stick the wr and make him drop the ball in this lies a big problem big hits happen far to often and are perform far to easily in a realife game u may see1-3 big hits a game sounds funny but i probably hit ppl 20+ times a game with hitsticks. combine that with the fact a football game will never be able 2 accurately be able to recreate a defender not looking at when or where a ball is thrown since the user can just switch to him and react accordingly is a few of the reasons why 4-6 works well
boywonder410
boywonder410

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 pm

the hitstick is a great concept but it still broken, since there is no sort of momentum or actual physics in this game you can have your man running one way and hit stick the total opposite direction and magically he time-shift suctions himself towards the defender bending the laws of physics altogether. this may be the best looking madden so far, but it's still more frustrating than it is fun to me. i had the most fun with 04 and 05 back when ratings other than speed actually meant something, and boywonder if you successfully run a 4-6 vs 4 wr sets that just proves madden is still light years away from sim football. no offense to you cause i know your a good madden player and know what works, not tryin to say anything negative about you just sayin that like the 155 vs big sets, shouldn't be able to consistently shut down a clearly mismatched set of players.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  boywonder410 Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Its all good FF we all like family I'd never take anything personal. One more point I must make is that I run a lot of zones the big difference between dbs and lbs is speed u don't need a lot of speed for zones what difference should it make if some is fast or slow if they are just gonna stand in a zone
boywonder410
boywonder410

Back to top Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty Boywonder

Post  GREENERRRR Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Just so i am clear - this post was not directed specificaly at you - the 4-6 ALL GAME defense has become a popular throughout madden... U r just 1 of the guys that uses it the best... My point is not meant to centre (or 4 u yanks center) any1 out - its done just to show how madden has many things it needs to improve before it can be a true SIM football game - THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH THAT ANY1 WILL EVER CONVINCE ME THAT A TEAM THAT STAYS IN A 4-6 DEFENSE AGAINST ANY SET (even multiple WR set) should be efective - it goes against all fundemental football strategy...

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 am

I agree...the 4-6 is a frustrating thing to play against but i love playing against it because i can take advantage of those who use it......the only player to play with it the best is BW..... but its a good defense to use against people, especially those with poor pocket presence..those four rushers get players worried especially if they initially see no one open...it seems as if players are worried to step up in the pocket, they usually enter scramble mode when they see pressure...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  yanksuck007 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:52 pm

i love the 4-6! with all the package settings it is now meant to stop anything. the speed package puts your 3 n 4 corners on the field so u can man up on any formation or call a zone. for the most part u can just about use 4-6 to do whatever you want. everytime i get on here there is a complaint bout another formation, whats next 3-4 is cheesy? there are so many things bout ALL games that people wont like or that the makers didnt get right. as players we should look at the good a lil more in these games. like for instance MADDEN 10 IS BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER! and if they change the style back to 09 or 08 i would be pissed. this is thee most realistic version they made granted there will always be glitchers and cheesers looking to exploit weaknesses in the game. just remember MLB THE SHOW IN MARCH!!! then madden is useless till next year. just kiddin. maybe not the show is gonna be awesome!
yanksuck007
yanksuck007

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 pm

I admire ur positive comments bro..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 pm

I've read nothing but positive things about THE SHOW for this year. That game is gonna be amazing!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  ScHlOeR87 Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:41 pm

yeah the show is gonna be amazing! I call the orioles for the 1st franchise that we make!

ScHlOeR87

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 pm

I know this isn't really the time or place with this being a Madden football forum...but just check this review out for MLB THE SHOW.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4749938

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:54 pm

the whitesox or the prades...i like pitching parks...playing small ball is so much more fun....
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  ScHlOeR87 Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:58 pm

yeah i hear u. im going with the orioles for the simple fact i live in baltimore and am i diehard fan lol

ScHlOeR87

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:59 pm

im a Yankee fan....but i hate their stadium..i don't want to play home-run derby every game..lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:14 am

i HATE the Yankees....Gotta go with my hometown boys...Cincinnati represent!!!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

4-6 Defense is BOGUS Empty if we are calling teams

Post  kavorka2 Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:40 am

im calling the METS.. been a mets fan for life (yes, last few years have sucked)

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next