Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay Rules

5 posters

Go down

Gameplay Rules Empty Gameplay Rules

Post  Christonite Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:00 am

Game Play Rules
--------------------

A. No glitching. Period. This includes, but is not limited to nano blitzes, moving D-Line players prior to the snap (other than the use of L1 to slide/spread/pinch the line), etc.

B. No cheesing. Cheesing means running the same 1-4 plays over and over again because they take advantage of weaknesses in the game's AI. Nobody wants to play the guy who runs HB screen, WR screen, HB screen, WR screen over and over. Please be courteous.

C. QB motion and bootlegs are fine, but using mobile QB's and rolling out every play is not okay. Even Michael Vick doesn't bootleg out and heave bombs down the sideline every play, because eventually the defense would just start killing him every time he stepped out of the pocket. Unfortunately, even with advanced games like Madden 10, the CPU is still not self-aware or intelligent enough to adapt to this, leaving the player on defense at a disadvantage. You are not disallowed from using a mobile quarterback's abilities to your advantage, but do not make it excessive. Use your best judgment. This goes along with rule B, no cheesing.

D. 4th Downs:
- You may go for it on 4th down if you are winning but it has to be within 3 yards of the 1st down and you must be on the other team's side of the field. (Please do not abuse, only if necessary.)
- You may go for it on 4th and 1 or less at any time throughout the game at your own risk.
- If you are losing in the 4th quarter, you may go for it on 4th down regardless of distance

E. Do not accept delay of game penalties on 1st down. These are caused by a glitch with the clock in Madden, and are completely unfair to the person on offense.

F. Do not run up the score. If you're up by 21+ points in the 2nd half, then you are expected to play conservative football for the remainder of the game unless your opponent pulls within 7 points of a tie. This means running the ball on 1st and 2nd down, throwing short/medium passes on 3rd down if necessary in order to maintain possession, move the chains and keep the clock rolling down. If you are winning by 28+ points, then you are required to run for all 3 downs. Do NOT abuse your fellow league members by running up the score!

G. Remember the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Show good sportsmanship. Remember that you're not playing against the CPU. Be respectful, be nice, be merciful if you're really killing them. Stats are NOT important when compared to sportsmanship.

H. Onside kicks cannot be kicked until the 4th quarter and you MUST BE LOSING.

I. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO FOR A 2 POINT CONVERSION IF YOU ARE WINNING UNLESS THE 2 POINTS MAKES IT A THREE POINT GAME, OR A 7 POINT GAME. That is final.

J. Things happen in the game that we can't explain in regards to losing connection. This can sometimes cause problems for both teams that are facing each other. Therefore, I have set a rule. If you happen to lose connection and the opponent that you are facing is down by 7 or less points, you will have to restart the game and must adjust the score to what it was before you disconnected. This can be done with the FG defensive formation and the offensive player will pass for TD’s until the score is back to what it was. If you are up more than 7 points and your opponent loses connection, you can continue to finish the game. (if by any means that you think your opponent "lost connection because you have the ball up by 7 with 2 min left to go in the game, you can finish the game) I hope everyone understands this. I know that this isn't fun on either ends. ALSO IF THIS BECOMES A HABIT WITH SOMEONE LOSING A CONNECTION DURING THE GAME, YOU WILL BE ON GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL. If you are winning the game and happen to lose connection, the other MUST RESTART THE GAME.

K. We all have phones, front doors, pets, wives, children, etc that sometimes require immediate attention at inconvenient times. If you are forced to pause the game and need more than 3 minutes to restart, make sure to hit your "PS" button, go to the messaging system and send your opponent a message through the Playstation Network telling them you need to hold the game for a few minutes. When you return, message your opponent again to let them know you are back. Wait for their response acknowledging you have returned and then resume the game.

If someone pauses the game during play, do NOT hit the Resume Game button until you see the 30 second timer in the upper right corner, or 3 minutes have passed, whichever comes first. Your opponent should message you through the PSN in the event that they need more than 3 minutes to handle whatever has caused them to need to pause.

L. On extra points or field goals inside 31 yards - you are not allowed to user control block kicks! There are well established glitches to block kicks and block kicks rarely occur at this distance - so this will not be permitted

M. No HB direct snaps out of shot-gun formation. Wildcat is acceptable, but is still subject to the 20% play call restriction like every other play

N. League advances every 48 hours - this is referred to as the playing period (if participation rate is less than 80% - in this situation an extra 24 hours is granted to play games)

O. If u are away for 32+ consecutive hours - your opponent has the right to request a CPU game (on day 2 after 2pm of the playing period) you will be temporarily dropped from the league - so your opponent can play the CPU - this allows a player who is available to play his scheduled game to minimize his exposure to potential simulated losses - when you are temporarily dropped you are expected to rejoin ASAP. If this occurs 3 times your status in the league will be re-evaluated

P. If you schedule a game - both players are to message the league commissioner with the playing time or schedule it at the forum. If your opponent is a no-show (after 15 minutes of the agreed time) - message the commissioner (this is time stamped)- he will not be able to send the commissioner a message because he is not there - the commissioner will award you a CPU game right then or when he comes online

Q. You are not allowed to play a game against the CPU have permission from the commissioner. WE RUN AT FULL CAPACITY ALL THE TIME! If you are facing a CPU player - your opponent has likely been dropped temporarily under the 32 hour rule. (He will be rejoining shortly). If that player has been booted or quit for some other reason - HE WILL BE REPLACED QUICKLY (from our established wait list system)

R. Any blitz that tackles the QB before an exchange with a RB will be deemed illegal. I understand these sort of blitzes can happen inadvertently from time to time. Each player will be given 8 incidents of this nature without sanction (over a 17 week season). Episodes beyond 8 will be taxed - the tax will be draft picks (TBD by commish) given to the weakest roster - this rule allows us to target players who 'gameplan' for this sort of blitz and not penalize a player that does it inadvertently

S. All trades must be posted on league website. If you trade a draft pick and fail to attend the rookie draft and honor the trade - your trading partner has the choice of voiding the trade or taking the player that was drafted in that slot and receiving the same draft pick in the following rookie. Trade deadline is week 12
- No player is allowed to do more than 8 transactions in a row - this tactic is used to hide suspicious trades on the transaction history screen - also it is a "fishing" tactic guys use to find the potential of free agents - either situation is unacceptable.

T. When the league is advanced you are to message your opponent and schedule your game. Tell him when you plan on being online or respond to his message that he has sent to you.

U. No Squib kicks unless in the final minute of the half or the 4th quarter

V. Do not quit your game. It is acceptable to concede the game, but to do so you must message your opponent and inform him that you would like to concede. If he accepts this you are allowed to quit

W. If your opponent breaks any rule - save the footage in the pst game recap - highlight vault - tell the commish of the incident and post the footage of your opponent breaking rules on the league website - ALL CHEATERS WILL BE EXPOSED
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

https://madden.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Gameplay Rules Empty fake punt direct snap

Post  skolvikesallday Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:05 am

are fake punts legal?

i know it is illegal to take an extra blocker back on the reveiving team, but what if I just take him a few yards off the LOS to defend against that BS fake punt direct snap...wait a sec, thought direct snaps were illegal?

My issue is that on that fake punt direct snap it is a lock to get 3+ yds vs any punt return formation. UNLESS i take a DLineman and move him into the hole where the guy will be running. But the rules say it is illegal to move my DLinemen off the line on a punt. So basically if I want to follow the rules there is nothing I can do to stop a fake punt if all he needs is 2-3 yards.

I say we ban the fake punt direct snap. There are known glitches that it is super easy to get 2-3 yards on a direct snap, and that is exactly what the fake punt is.

skolvikesallday

Back to top Go down

Gameplay Rules Empty Re: Gameplay Rules

Post  athleticone Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:56 am

run goaline D if you think he's gonna fake punt. I do and it stops that play
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Post  Aug17 Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:30 pm

Fake punt direct snap should be illegal. Its unrealistic and almost never used in the NFL.

Aug17

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Yea I know I could run a bunch of real defenses and stop it, but why should I have to sacrifice my return to counter the possibility that my opponent might run a glitch play.

If I pick a real defense there to stop the direct snap, and he is actually punting, then he gets a free 60+yd punt.

If I take a fast cornerback back to return the punt, then people could say that was a cheese tactic because there are defensive formations that set up awesome blocking for punt returns.

We shouldnt have to give up a free, unreturnable 60 yd punt because our opponent "might" run a glitch play.

If you want to run the fake punt pass thats cool, but the fake punt run is a direct snap and direct snaps are illegal for a reason.

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down