Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules of the Leauge

+4
Cyfore
falconfansince81
Christonite
setheory
8 posters

Go down

Rules of the Leauge Empty Rules of the Leauge

Post  setheory Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:01 pm

I agree with all the rules chistonite, i just have one question. The rule about being up by 21 in the second half? what if you dont have a solid running game? youll be facing 3rd and long alot and it could give your opponent a cahnce of comming back? are there any mods to this rule (i.e. your down to your 3rd or 2nd Rb due to injuries)
setheory
setheory

Back to top Go down

Rules of the Leauge Empty Re: Rules of the Leauge

Post  Christonite Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:25 pm

If you don't have a solid running game and haven't been able to establish the run, just try to play conservatively. This doesn't necessarily mean running up the middle for no gain, but be courteous and don't try to run up the scoreboard. With the accelerated clock every four plays that keep the clock running is about two minutes of gameplay.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

https://madden.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm

i think the basic gist of the rule is not to try and run the score up, who wants to keep playing down 21 in the fourth. just milk the clock and get it over with, no need to prolong the beatdown.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfore Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:55 am

so if they line up goalline with an 8 man blitz i'm supposed to run it for the sake of sportmanship? i'll take whats given to me but i'll keep the conservative play in mind.
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:47 pm

I believe some of the rules are unfair as they arent cheating its part of the game ..such as running the same play..if he adjusts then hed proly get the stop/int..

I think if you can score you should be allowed to..teams come back all the time Ive come back from down 35...

also dlineman should be allowed to move sometimes Ill move them into coverage to press a wr or te or just middle field coverage or blitz but it makes my blitz late and doesnt help much I just like to be able to roam without ruining the play ... plus it hurts me when ppl run on the side ..ask any1 whose played me

again with the cheesing .. it depends ..if theyre doing hurry up or something then def cheesing but even in real life people will run the same play ..

and we should be allowed to go for it on 4th when ever we please if its 4th and 15 and im winning by 1 td but im in my own endzone I really doubt the other players mad .. unless I get it in wich he would just be like wow I fd up or wow hes good or lucky ..

your being a little strick buddy I know you want to keep people happy but its a game .. your not goodell lol take it easy if some1s cheating or glitchin warn them if theyre aware..boot them..
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfore Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:18 am

You play to win the game!
-herm edwards
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael_isking RADIMUS Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 am

JohnnyLagZ17 wrote:I believe some of the rules are unfair as they arent cheating its part of the game ..such as running the same play..if he adjusts then hed proly get the stop/int..

I think if you can score you should be allowed to..teams come back all the time Ive come back from down 35...

also dlineman should be allowed to move sometimes Ill move them into coverage to press a wr or te or just middle field coverage or blitz but it makes my blitz late and doesnt help much I just like to be able to roam without ruining the play ... plus it hurts me when ppl run on the side ..ask any1 whose played me

again with the cheesing .. it depends ..if theyre doing hurry up or something then def cheesing but even in real life people will run the same play ..

and we should be allowed to go for it on 4th when ever we please if its 4th and 15 and im winning by 1 td but im in my own endzone I really doubt the other players mad .. unless I get it in wich he would just be like wow I fd up or wow hes good or lucky ..

your being a little strick buddy I know you want to keep people happy but its a game .. your not goodell lol take it easy if some1s cheating or glitchin warn them if theyre aware..boot them..

Going for it on 4th and whenever is a tournament move this is a sim league. 4th and 15? Sure you can go for it in ranked and unranked games but this league was started by a sim player so that other sim players could compete against each other.

If that's your style to go for it on 4th and whenever, moving d-lineman, running the same play over and over, running the no huddle, etc. then there are freestyle tournament leagues that allow these things and nano blitzes. But this league is sim.

It's cheese because of the a.i. Forget about what is and is not done in the NFL for a moment. The bottom line is tournament moves are exploits of faulty artificial intelligence. They simply take advantage of known weaknesses in the programming of the game. That's why it is considered cheating or cheese. Not bc they do or do not do these things in the nfl but because of poor programming resulting in exploits. And knowingly taking advantage of these exploits says a lot about people but I won't get into that.

Bottom line this is a sim league with sim rules. The rules are fair and not oppressive. Fellow sim gamers will enjoy being in this league. Tournament style gamers will not and will prefer playing in ranked games or in ea tournaments where anything goes.
Michael_isking RADIMUS
Michael_isking RADIMUS

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:31 pm

moving a dlineman is basicaly making urself play a 3-4 with a de I dont see the problem its a defence that every1 can use but you use some1 whose slower and strategicaly its worse to do i dont line up over the center or anything cheap i fall back .. you can ask my opponents ...it doesnt even help me half the time but i hate just sitting on the line before the snap ...
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael_isking RADIMUS Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:29 am

JohnnyLagZ17 wrote:moving a dlineman is basicaly making urself play a 3-4 with a de I dont see the problem its a defence that every1 can use but you use some1 whose slower and strategicaly its worse to do i dont line up over the center or anything cheap i fall back .. you can ask my opponents ...it doesnt even help me half the time but i hate just sitting on the line before the snap ...

Well if you drop back 100% of the time then I see your point. It's an exploit when people do this to rush the passer. Especially when they move a defensive end to the opposite side of the field.

If you want to run the 3-4 then why not just call the 3-4 and sub in the end you want at linebacker, change the depth chart. That could accomplish the same thing without violating the league's rule about not moving a defensive lineman manually prior to the snap.

You might be honest and not use this exploit to rush the passer but not everyone will be so that's why there is a league rule against doing this.
Michael_isking RADIMUS
Michael_isking RADIMUS

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 am

I dont know why Im argueing any way he said you can pull a dlineman 2 the flat.. I dont go to the other side I use him as a lb who doesnt have a specific coverage so I can do w/e I want with him Ive had it done to me millions of times as well its very easy to exploit .. its not me cheating its me enjoying the game
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael_isking RADIMUS Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:49 am

Hey Chris regarding your 4th down rule

- If you are losing, you may go for it on 4th down at any time, at your own risk.

I wanted to ask if you could change this. This is a sim league right? So if for example someone is losing 3-0 in the first quarter technically they can go for it on 4th down. But don't you think that's a little cheesy. Or if someone is losing 10-7 and they go for it on 4th and 10 yards in the 2nd quarter. I don't know that reminds me a little of ranked games, oh the memories I have about people cheating in those games Shocked

So would you consider changing it?
Michael_isking RADIMUS
Michael_isking RADIMUS

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:07 pm

It has been adjusted to what I believe is more realistic.

-If you are losing and it's the 4th quarter, you can go for it on 4th down regardless of distance.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:28 pm

I think thats a bit unfair to I believe winning or losing if its a short 4th you should be allowed to go for it..as bill belicheck would ( im a giants fan saying this lol )

it is normal and high potent offences our aggresive coaches go 4 it .. how bout a deal 4th and 3 no longer and if your down by more than 3 or if your d is doing horrible ... no real coach ( wich would be sim right ) would give the other team the ball back if they felt their d couldnt hold them but their o was doing good ..

or you have to at least of gotten 1 first down before you go 4 it .. and it cant be long .. as I said I understand what you want here but im not even playing madden style like 4th and 15 .. I mean go watch espn ..whats being talked about alot about the pats? that 4th and 2 right that they almost converted .. WITH THE LEAD to put the game away ...

if your d is good youll stop them like the colts did and have better position for it

and also how about if your within the 30-10 you have to kick a field goal or punt and if your within the 10 you can go for it since again alot of teams do do that ..

and the 2 point conversion things already happened to me .. but its realistic .. not freestyle madden bs .. I hate those players who just do all this madden bs

lemme play you commish 1 game .. so I can show you what I mean.. if im not destroyed ( idk how good you are lol )
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  markbosco11 Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:39 pm

so am i able to move my de to mlb/lolb/rolb brfore the snap? i dont do it in this league because of my understanding of the rules, i just want to know that if i read the other teams play can i move my de to add extra cover to whatever side i think he is rushing to? like trying to stop the screen pass or qb scramble through the dt? i just want to be sure?
markbosco11
markbosco11

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:38 pm

Yes, you can move a defensive player as well as shifting. It's when people move multiple people into the gaps to create nano blitzes that is not allowed.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cas850 Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:54 pm

i do a lot of pre-snap SHIFTING, but i only MOVE the FS which I control all the time.

the only time I use a DE is if someone is trying to continually exploit with a screen or motioning the WR across the formation and throwing to the RB out of the backfield to the side with no WR's. That's my most hated exploit.
cas850
cas850

Back to top Go down

Post  markbosco11 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:40 pm

thanks for clearing that up for me, would hate anybody calling me a cheat.....i like to control the DE to help me stop the run.
markbosco11
markbosco11

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:07 pm

me2 not 4 a nano bs blitz though Ive had that happen you go get the snap and your already hit bs
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down