Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honesty and sportsmanship

+4
Christonite
THAxHEADHUNTER
markbosco11
Michael_isking RADIMUS
8 posters

Go down

Honesty and sportsmanship Empty Honesty and sportsmanship

Post  Michael_isking RADIMUS Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:52 am

Listen everyone I just wanted to start a brief thread on honesty and sportsmanship.

Win or lose I just want to play against people who are honest sim gamers who follow the rules. This includes our league's 4th down rule and our leagues general rule about not pulling any tournament cheats like moving around d-lineman, nano blitzing etc.

So if you're an honest sim gamer I look forward to playing against you. If you have any questions about sim play ask the commish of this league. No one wants to be around dishonest people in real life and playing games online is no different. 99.99% of leagues fail. Let's makes this league one of the few that actually survives.
Michael_isking RADIMUS
Michael_isking RADIMUS

Back to top Go down

Honesty and sportsmanship Empty Re: Honesty and sportsmanship

Post  markbosco11 Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:04 am

I fully agree, i've been looking for a honest and very active online franchise for ages and it seems like i found exactly that with this league, i'm really hoping that everybody sticks to the rules and that we can make this league the best that it can be....
markbosco11
markbosco11

Back to top Go down

Post  THAxHEADHUNTER Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:46 am

yo this may be a silly question, but whats nano blitzing?? or some of the others mentioned, you dont have to tell me how to do it or anything like that, just want to make sure i understand. thanks!
THAxHEADHUNTER
THAxHEADHUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 am

Nano blitzing is putting multiple guys in the gaps of the offensive line that create confusion for the AI and generally lead to a guy untouched going in for the QB sack.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

https://madden.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ManchVegas Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 pm

sportsmanship is where in my game versus the browns i was up by 42 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and i am on HIS one yard line 4th and 1 and i kneel the ball
ManchVegas
ManchVegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfore Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:20 pm

so you completely dominate him the whole game without compassion but you are showing sportsmanship by driving to his 1 and kneeling? sounds like douchebaggery to me. sportsmanship would suggest doing the right thing and not bragging about it. take the points and your win and keep it moving.
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  ManchVegas Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:35 pm

so what was i supposta do start kneeling the ball in the 3rd quarter? i had three wide open TDs and i dove at the 2 yard line to make sure i don't score. you want me to kick a FG? so it jsut makes it 3 points more for him to try and come back for?
ManchVegas
ManchVegas

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:10 pm

i think if ur up by 21 in the 2nd half it should be run run pass run run pass and kill as much clock, you can only do so much to not run the score up but you shouldn't kneel in the 3rd lol. i'd personally rather the guy keep playin, if i'm losing i wanna figure out how to stop/beat whatever offense/defense he was runnin, but thats just me. i think its worse watchin a guy just run the whole 2nd half cause hes up big (haven't been in this position yet, but i can imagine it'd be pretty boring). i personally recommend messaging the guy, and say; hey, you want me to keep playin or just try and kill the clock, see what he wants to do.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 pm

31* not 21 21 is low.. ive made plenty come backs all you need is 1 TO and if its for a td saves time 2 stops your tied 1 more play your way and you could win and the guy with 21 lost bc a rule ..who really wins? no1 bc the comeback was basicaly bs and so was the loss ..

any1 who plays me..if your killin me..kill me ..when its the 4th 2 mins left ..then slow it up thas fine .. but play Ill work on my defense while you burn it lol just try not to injure any 1 lol
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:12 pm

yeah thats really what i'm getting at, just play the damn game and show some respect. sure be more more conservative, but for me, if i'm up 21 in the 4th your not coming back so i'll def play cupcake ball til its over, but everyone has their comfort zone, yours may be 31 other maybe 24 whatever...think we all can agree it sucks just watchin the other guy run 3 downs, get a first, run 3 downs....yawn
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:17 pm

honestly make the rule bendable but leave it at 28 no1 has to stop till 28 .. bc teams with bad d and special teams can easily give up 28 in a blink of an eye plus 1 bad o play ( turn over) guess whose losing now lol

also theres a guy vigilanteRH hes in 1 of the leagues here I played him recently .. he wasnt really cheating but he kept moving his 1 dlineman after a shift or without ( cant remember) to the outside ( not standing ) but towards my te basically

now for those that have played me if I feel you cheated or know you did I always take it up with u and ..well its usualy stopped by then..and i expect the same in return Im not gonna run to the commish bc you did 1 thing wrong expecialy if it did nothing amazingly positive for u lol

but any run to that side was hurt alot from that partialy I believe the team I was on was weak over there at rt/te .. but is that illegal if so he proly didnt know he seemed like a fair gamer everything else was fine .. but if thats legal I may start doing it ..if not Im just gonna let him no or his next opponent can .. I dont feel any type of uh "punishment" is in line believe he was beating me anyway so why cheat

so if its against the rules lemme no and him bc we both obviously didnt know ( im not cheater ) and he didnt seem to be 1 at all
even when I was winning ( sorry RH if it wasnt you but it was either u or schloer87 ) either way neither game felt cheap but 1 did that and RH i believe it was you doing that ..

hate calling ppl out on the website bc how bad it may make you seem when your probably not a cheater ...

but guys is that allowed?
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  ManchVegas Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:54 am

there were a lot of run plays that was literatelly should have been tackled and wasn't so i ran and laid down at the 5 yard line...rare cases like that game were literatelly i tried a lot to give someone the ball. oh well case closed
ManchVegas
ManchVegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:35 am

falconfansince81 wrote:i think if ur up by 21 in the 2nd half it should be run run pass run run pass and kill as much clock, you can only do so much to not run the score up but you shouldn't kneel in the 3rd lol. i'd personally rather the guy keep playin, if i'm losing i wanna figure out how to stop/beat whatever offense/defense he was runnin, but thats just me. i think its worse watchin a guy just run the whole 2nd half cause hes up big (haven't been in this position yet, but i can imagine it'd be pretty boring). i personally recommend messaging the guy, and say; hey, you want me to keep playin or just try and kill the clock, see what he wants to do.

I'm the same way, it's more frustrating for me if the guy just sits on the clock. I'd much rather have them continue to play and I take it as my responsibility to burn the clock when I'm on offense. Maybe I'm just an anomaly, but when I have the lead I generally want the other guy to have the ball and burn the clock. Contacting your opponent is probably the best way to keep both parties happy.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:08 am

ok so .. scores should be allowed 2 be run up....

just not unfairily ( like cheating of course )
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  ManchVegas Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:05 pm

ok so i just left my other league that i worked soooo hard for. i played the top guy in the league. I beat him 26-21. he glitched the game and the game never counted. it was probvably the best game i have seen back and forth. it was epic! then the commish says i always complain about people and say they glitch and shit, when in fact they really did in that league. I finally have had it and just going to stay in this league and my own league. All i am saying is i am getting really tired of playing Madden online. it jsut doesn't seem worth it anymore. If anyone in this league plays legit and ever want to play me, i don't care if i lose 99-100 games, as long as you play legit.
ManchVegas
ManchVegas

Back to top Go down

Post  ManchVegas Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:10 pm

i was up on this guy 21-7 with 3 minutes to go in the game, i needed him to burn his timeouts so i took a chance on 4th and 11 on his 44 yard line. I made the conversion and just wasted the clock. I knew if i didn't make it he would have the ball wherever and would still need to get the ball again. this tactic would do more good for me then bad. The guy decides to message me and swear at me for going for it on 4th saying im trying to run up the score. when obviously i really wasn't
ManchVegas
ManchVegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:42 pm

boywonder410 from some of the other leagues in this network is a really solid player if you want to face some good competition. I played him in the season 2 championship of the Kight League and he easily could have scored 60+ on me.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ManchVegas Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:04 pm

see i don't care if i lose by a 100 as long as its not cheesing, feel me? if anyone sees me on madden invite me i just like playing. is there spots open in the sister leagues? oh and if anyone plays showstopper_bow or something like that doens't matter if you win or lose he will glitch out of the game
ManchVegas
ManchVegas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down