Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

+2
freshmullet
Deathwish22
6 posters

Go down

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK Empty PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:16 pm

Bros...I need your input...how should I run this each week? Do you think it should be awarded to highest score? A player knocking off a tough opponent? Biggest blow-out? Least points allowed? Give me some feedback!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK Empty Re: PLAYERS OF THE WEEK

Post  freshmullet Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:16 pm

least points allowed, if u do the others, u will have people running up scores, and player stats, definitely least amount of points
freshmullet
freshmullet

Back to top Go down

Post  djgamer134 Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:54 pm

You should also do the Madden Player. Like Offensive and Defensive player of the week.

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:16 pm

I could try and do that...but that is a lot of research...being that there is no way to sort the stats week by week. It only sorts the stats by season total. Let me think about it.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Agreed....Least amount of points allowed should be the judge of player of the week...scoring is easy, however, shutting down an opponent online is tough and the best D players to be noticed and recognized...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Here is how player of the week will be judged from now on...allowing the fewest points...if there is a tie with allowing the fewest points it will go to the player with the largest margin of victory.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:54 pm

i like biggest upset or something to that affect, whoever overcame the most adversity and played the best game. cause as far as score goes, i tend to go up big early and play pretty cupcake football the rest of the game so as to not try and run up the score or frustrate my opp if hes havin a bad game, i know how shitty it can be to play those
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah...but what justifies the biggest upset? If I make the player of the week the team who scores the most points...it's just gonna cause blowouts as mentioned earlier in this post. I think it should be least points given up. Give you more to work for on the defensive side then...instead of running up the score...because we all know how easy it is to run up the score on your opponent.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:56 am

How about we just consider the Super Bowl the real and only significant award in this franchise?

I'm not a big fan of all the arbitrary accolades. They only tempt the high scorers to pack on the stats.

But I will say I wouldn't mind there being a :

Defensive Player MVP of the year
and
Offensive Player MVP of the year

given out every year!

This should also go off of more than just stats of the player. Stats are for baseball! Football is more than stats!
Ryno341
Ryno341

http://ryansaidwhat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Then how do you judge these awards then..
Defensive Player MVP of the year
and
Offensive Player MVP of the year
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Overall team record in accordance with the best player on that team.

Like say my Phillip Rivers helps me to a 15-1 record with 30 TDs and 12 ints, but someone else's team has a QB with 42 TDs and 15 ints but has only lead its team to a 9-7 record. This would show Rivers importance to his team over the other QB.

Again it's all arbitrary awards anyways so if you want to give them to the highest stat getters then go ahead.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:30 pm

It will give people a chance to win this award that really deserve it. Players that are truely valuable to their team. Not someone who has been building ones stats and giving him all the TDs just to do it. i.e. Your Reggie Bush's 7 TDs against the computer.....
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Maybe a way to help Deathwish decide this we can all post nominees from our teams with descriptions to why we think they deserve the reward. Maybe we can even have an Online poll where everyone can vote on the top nominees kind of like Pro Bowl selection????? I'm just spit balling here, take these ideas with a grain of salt.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:53 pm

my niner's d was pretty solid this week Smile what i was sayin deathwish, is we know whos really good and whos got real good teams. i was just thinkin if a guy with lesser opportunity came through and beat that guy he should get nominated for it, regardless of the score.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:13 pm

I think I will be giving out awards towards the end of the season. But for now I'm gonna keep with my simple formula of who allowed the least points and won by the biggest margin. That seems to be the best way to handle player of the week for now.

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:18 pm

well..that puts deathwish, boywonder and me for running for best D and O for the year...sorry guyz but us 3 have put up the Stats consistently..And ryno u got a problem with Reggie 7 TD performance...What am i suppose to pass when my running game is working( if i do that then u will complain as to y flaco has 7 TD's) And don't use the boards to send cheap shots about stat padding...Unless u wanna back up ur talk with a game...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm

we need a least points allowed (excluding defensive td's?), cause most points is pretty easy to get if u have a couple cpu games
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Yeah...I agree with fewest points allowed...also the player of the week will only be given to the team who plays another sim player. I think that is fair. Meaning...if you shut out out the computer...there is nothing to really brag about. But shutting out a real sim player/opponent is a big deal. Also this goes for simulated games. I think that this was pretty much a given from the beginning....but I wanted to make sure everyone gets it now. J-MO...don't rule out falconfan...dude has a stout defense...he could easily be up there at the end of the year.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down