Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Defense or Good Offense?

4 posters

Go down

Good Defense or Good Offense? Empty Good Defense or Good Offense?

Post  Deathwish22 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Which one do you think is more important in the Deathwish Franchise in Madden 2010?
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Good Defense or Good Offense? Empty Re: Good Defense or Good Offense?

Post  Ryno341 Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:26 pm

I want to say Defense, but I'd have to say offense.

The winners of both our Super Bowls have always had top offenses. You really just need an offense that can score as many points as possible, and a defense that is opportunistic and can make one or two big plays a game for you. Sort of like the real like New Orleans Saints.

The fact is, everyone will get scored on. It's about being able to score back at the right time.

However, my defense has won or gotten me back into a ton of games when I couldn't get into a good offensive rhythm, so the answer is really based upon the opponent at hand!

I myself built my team around balance.
Ryno341
Ryno341

http://ryansaidwhat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:06 pm

I would strongly disagree.....I say Defense..And both the winners on the super bowl have had the top D (points allowed) in both years of winning the Superbowl. However both had good Offenses for whenever the D wasn't working... When i won the super bowl this past year. I gave up a total of 39 points in the 3 playoff games....so my D won all those games and having a great D is much need.... Also, anyone can score points that's the easy part, shutting down online opponents is extremely difficult bcuz anyone can score...( try giving up only 283 points in 16 games online ...that's a tough task)
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:20 pm

I would agree. The game is usually won on a defensive play.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Or inversely the game is usually lost or won on offense.

It really all comes down to the player behind the sticks.

Sometimes I play a defensive game, and sometimes I play a offensive game.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:20 pm

i personally build my team for defense, i hate having stupid defensive players that watch the ball just sail over their head or miss tackles. on offense i feel i have more control, so long as u have a good rb and decent qb. o line ratings dont even matter, as you can sub in your kicker and he will pancake haynesworth (i've seen it)
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:37 pm

you can make it though the season with any style of play( i made it through the season with Alex Smith and Travis Jackson)...however, if u want the crown u need defense and the ability to run the football....that's it( won the super bowl with Alex smith (around 50 pass attempts in the playoffs total) at the helm)...This proves to me running the football was the key. In previous years, i lost in the playoffs because i tried to enforce my passing attack( my strongest Offensive asset), but, it failed me.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 am

great statement jmo, and thats why gore gets over 100 yards a game for me. if he doesn't, i usually lose or its closer than i'd like it. running for me is the base for everything on offense, no run = no creativity
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:09 am

Gore or Forte? Frank Gore is my RB haha
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Same here falconfan and J-mo...I depend on my defense to keep me at the top of this franchise...but now that some of you fukkers have figured out to how beat my defense (not mentioning any names JMO...LOL!...remember our first game when I had like 7 or 8 interceptions against you and you had about the equivalent against me??? ....LOL...damn, have the times changed...and so the epic battle began) I have figured out i need to depend more on my offense. I was stupid when i played falconfan in the playoffs this past season. I switched my damn playbook like 2 hours before i played him and I was lost (I switched because I was starting to figure out most of you knew my offensive plays that I run...once again not mentioning any names....JMO!). I didn't have my run plays I depended on and I was so use to my previous playbook that I couldn't figure out what pass plays to run. But with that being said...my offense heavily depends on my running game (Williams). You shut him down and you just upped your chances of beating me.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:01 pm

never switch ur playbook( i made that same mistake, it cost me also a playoff game in greenerrr franchise agianst slomo)...no matter who knows your plays its about execution....and if your opponent knows your plays to well it means you are using the same plays to much and u need to expand your knowledge of the playbook you are using..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Yeah...I know that. I've been working on that for you. Haha. You've had my number the last 4 or 5 games we've played throughout all these franchises. SUCKS!! LOL!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:21 pm

i never played you before that game deathwish, and even i noticed you seemed kinda confused in what you wanted to do on O for a guy who was 13-3 so that shows you right there NEVER switch playbooks haha. like jmo said, it is alllll about execution as i have a good 5 or 6 plays out of each set in my atl playbook. you may see the set, but i try and motion guys and set plays up very similar so you never know what one it is, to the point if u guess wrong you could get burned. and it is forte, i have gore in another franchise who is a beast but forte has been equally stellar.

and speakin of d winnin games i got one for you guys, in greeners chise last night i played yanksuck007 who got mad skills, and found myself down 17-7 and had to punt with 30 seconds left til halftime. on the last play before half he tried slingin one to his te but i was in cover 1 with my fs and user picked it, and plowed over romo for a lucky 6 makin it 14-17. i get the ball and do nothing, by now its 14-31 and i pm'd him and said if u wanna sit on the ball i'll just quit, no point with this 1-9 jets team to waste the time. he said he'd just pound the run so i figured i'd play a little more, he got a fg makin it 34-14 end of the 3rd. i no huddled for a quick score and got another pick with vilma then hit a deep pass makin it 28-34 with a little over 2 minutes left. i held on d and drove down to score with 1 minute left, 35-34 and at this point i felt kinda bad cause he had the game won...but he started drivin, figured it was over after a deep pass to welker on the sidelines to my 40 with 20 seconds left, i stayed in a cover 4 set up and pressured romo somehow with a 3 man rush and user picked with kenny phillips, this crazy ass one handed pick over the middle to seal it. he was pretty pissed, as would i...specially after i offered to quit, but never told him to pass or not kill the clock...i was fine lettin him have it, but either way, GG. he'll be takin names in the playoffs...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:13 pm

wow...that's fucking impressive dude...that's a huge confidence booster....also, u kinda fucked up his seeding in the playoffs....big respects to u bro
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:29 pm

the jets were sleepers Shocked thanks tho, i think your in his conference right?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 pm

yes...he beat me when we played 2 seasons ago...i throw 8 picks and lost by 3..my D shut him down...i just couldn't move the ball cuz i refused to run(stupid of me).....That was the most frustrating lost i ever had cuz i keep throwing picks and was still in the game..but it let me no..he need all 8 picks to beat me...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:56 am

I have never had the benefit of playing yanksuck. I think I might play him this year in greeners franchise though. Isn't he the patriots?
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:21 pm

yeah and a good pats team at that. i had 1 morph pick i threw, but snagged like 4 off him, he just played a good d. 8 picks though damn haha, course with that same jets team i got 10 last night beatin this guy like 48-10. quinn had only maybe 8 or 10 attempts? and thats why i like d Smile
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down