Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROMISE MADE (and fullfilled)

2 posters

Go down

PROMISE MADE (and fullfilled) Empty PROMISE MADE (and fullfilled)

Post  GREENERRRR Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 pm

I played a game in the last 14 days (it doesnt matter who my opponent was) - but i promised i would make this post known to EVERY1 - so they can make up their mind - AND DECIDE IF I AM A CHZer or not - (I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AND STAND BY all my decisions i make in franchise play)....

Here is the situation.... (btw - it is admitted and confirmed by both me and my opponent that I BROKE NO RULES)

Playn earlier in the game i missed a 15 yard field goal (thats right 15 yards! - i know some of u guys could have made that field-goal by launching the ball from your A S S! nevertheless; i failed MISERABLY!).... LATER IN THE 1ST QUARTER - i had a 4th down and 7... on my opponents 32 yard line- These were my options:

1) Try a 47 yard field goal - (My track record and confidence of success was weak - i would estimate - DEFINITELY UNDER 10% - probably closer to 5%)

2) Punt the ball - (i am a decent punter - but it would be tuff to nail 1 inside the 10 - (i would estimate that getting the ball inside the 20 as about 33% chance and inside the 10 at under 15%) - AND THEIR IS always the chance - (especially in this addition of Madden that the returner makes a huge gain on the PUNT) - if i get a touch back -which was a likely scenario- I WOULD NET 12 MEASLY YARDS!

3) GO FOR IT! - perhaps get a 1st down - and the drive continues! the worse thing that could happen - there is an incompletion (THERE WAS NO WAY I WOULD ALLOW MYSELF TO BE SACKED ON A 4TH DOWN TRY) - and he gets the ball on the 32 yard line - 12 yards ahead of where he would have likely got the ball on a punt....

- I did a quick COST/BENEFIT ANALYSIS in my head (as my undergrad in Economics and Finance - has trained me to do) ... and i chose to GO FOR IT! - - amazingly - and probaly the reason for my opponents angst and the subsequent need for this post - I SCORED A TD PASS ON THE 4TH DOWN CONVERSION!

SO LET ME HAVE IT GUYS - IF U THINK I AM CHZER - lay into me - i duck no punches - i stand by my call - I THINK IT WAS A LEGIT AND LOGICAL DECISION - but if my opinion is wrong - I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT - please dont hold anything BACK! (this is nothing personal - and i will have no ill feeling to any player that think i am a CHZer for this play)- and if i am wrong - i will re-adjust my view on things and appolgize to this individual - SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW U FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION!

* fyi - i never ended up winning the game - but a promise is a promise

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

PROMISE MADE (and fullfilled) Empty Go for it

Post  chizz522 Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:45 am

I would have made the same call, i do it all the time and alot of the time i score in this situation becuase ppl try to do stupid defense on 4th downs and they get burnt. I would have done the same, I hate punting on madden 10 if u dont get to them quick they gain to many yards you are better off going for it most of the time.

chizz522

Back to top Go down