Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROMISED MADE (and full-filled)

+3
jmojsoski
djgamer134
GREENERRRR
7 posters

Go down

PROMISED MADE (and full-filled) Empty PROMISED MADE (and full-filled)

Post  GREENERRRR Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:59 pm

I played a game in the last 14 days (it doesnt matter who my opponent was) - but i promised i would make this post known to EVERY1 - so they can make up their mind - AND DECIDE IF I AM A CHZer or not - (I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AND STAND BY all my decisions i make in franchise play)....

Here is the situation.... (btw - it is admitted and confirmed by both me and my opponent that I BROKE NO RULES)

Playn earlier in the game i missed a 15 yard field goal (thats right 15 yards! - i know some of u guys could have made that field-goal by launching the ball from your A S S! nevertheless; i failed MISERABLY!).... LATER IN THE 1ST QUARTER - i had a 4th down and 7... on my opponents 32 yard line- These were my options:

1) Try a 47 yard field goal - (My track record and confidence of success was weak - i would estimate - DEFINITELY UNDER 10% - probably closer to 5%)

2) Punt the ball - (i am a decent punter - but it would be tuff to nail 1 inside the 10 - (i would estimate that getting the ball inside the 20 as about 33% chance and inside the 10 at under 15%) - AND THEIR IS always the chance - (especially in this addition of Madden that the returner makes a huge gain on the PUNT) - if i get a touch back -which was a likely scenario- I WOULD NET 12 MEASLY YARDS!

3) GO FOR IT! - perhaps get a 1st down - and the drive continues! the worse thing that could happen - there is an incompletion (THERE WAS NO WAY I WOULD ALLOW MYSELF TO BE SACKED ON A 4TH DOWN TRY) - and he gets the ball on the 32 yard line - 12 yards ahead of where he would have likely got the ball on a punt....

- I did a quick COST/BENEFIT ANALYSIS in my head (as my undergrad in Economics and Finance - has trained me to do) ... and i chose to GO FOR IT! - - amazingly - and probaly the reason for my opponents angst and the subsequent need for this post - I SCORED A TD PASS ON THE 4TH DOWN CONVERSION!

SO LET ME HAVE IT GUYS - IF U THINK I AM CHZER - lay into me - i duck no punches - i stand by my call - I THINK IT WAS A LEGIT AND LOGICAL DECISION - but if my opinion is wrong - I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT - please dont hold anything BACK! (this is nothing personal - and i will have no ill feeling to any player that think i am a CHZer for this play)- and if i am wrong - i will re-adjust my view on things and appolgize to this individual - SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW U FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION!

* fyi - i never ended up winning the game - but a promise is a promise

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

PROMISED MADE (and full-filled) Empty Seems sim to me.

Post  djgamer134 Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:48 pm

Just like in real life, If my kicker already missed a chip shot then i might think about it next time i go for a field goal attempt. So your are not a cheeser. cheers

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

PROMISED MADE (and full-filled) Empty Re: PROMISED MADE (and full-filled)

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:52 am

we all make mistakes and do things that may appear irrational to others. Just apologize to your opponent and if they don't accept so be it
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

PROMISED MADE (and full-filled) Empty jmojsoski

Post  GREENERRRR Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:30 am

your missing my point bro - I AM NOT SORRY FOR MY ACTION - SO WHY WOULD I APPOLOGIZE...

i dont think it was CHZ manouveur - just a huge over-reaction on his part... i did what any logical person whould do - analyzed the situation, came up with some alternatives, weighed the Pro`s and Con`s of these alternatives, quickly measured which alternative had the best benefit to risk ratio, i made a decison - AND THAN I EXECUTED THIS DECISION TO THE BESTR OF MY ABILITIES! i HAD JUST HOPE THIS DETAILED MESSAGE STRING WOULD HELP PEOPLE UNDERSTAND HOW I CAME up that decision - and hopefully this gives them benefit of understanding - what i was thinkn when i made the decision...

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  ScHlOeR87 Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:37 am

they go for it on 4th down a lot when there around the opponents 35 yd line in the nfl

ScHlOeR87

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Greenerrrr...I don't believe you are a Cheezer...but with the score tied 0-0 on your opening drive in the first quarter I would have taken the field goal opportunity on a 4th and 7 on my opponent's 30 yard line (just out of respect for my opponent)...most teams in the nfl would have not gone for it on 4TH AND 7 (with the score tied)...especially when they have a dependable kicker who has a boot...regardless of whether or not you had missed a field goal in an earlier game or previous attempt...99% of the NFL coaches would send their kicker out there for a 2nd chance to redeem themselves in a real 100% legit football situation...going for it on 4th and 7 or more at any time in this game when the score is tied is before the first half is over is just ridiculous...especially when you're in field goal range...and yes...being on your opponent's 30 yard line in the NFL is in field goal range...does anyone disagree??...it sounds like you were just desperate for a score because you knew the caliber of the online player you were going up against. Very Happy

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  djgamer134 Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:21 pm

But he did just miss a 15 yard field goal.....

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Three things:

A) A fifteen yard field goal does not exist in professional football...the absolute bare minimum field goal in football is a 17 yarder (10 yards for the endzone...7 yards for the kicker - football 101)...and even a 17 yarder is impossible if you think about it...because that would mean the line of scrimmage would be the endzone...which would result in a touchdown...it would have to be on a 4th and inches call...and the field goal would be 17 yards and inches. So in the end...it is absolutely false that he previously missed a 15 yard field goal in a different game.

B) If you can't kick a field goal from inside your 20 (an extra point basically and I'm not talking about avoiding a blocked field goal either)...you shouldn't be playing madden period...and especially for an online madden franchise.

C) If you're a decent punter (as you mentioned in your first post)...then you should be a decent kicker and should have no problems kicking a field goal...it uses the same exact dymanics and controls as punting.

All this comes down to in the end...are the principles of the game. Should you play your opponent on how you would want to be played? Or do you play the game based on your weaknesses (which some of us might consider cheap)? If my opponent wants to play that way and feels he needs a touchdown to beat me...then more power to you...I'll take that as a compliment...it didn't change the outcome of the game and that is what this argument is all about. I personally don't play that way. In the end there is no right or wrong to this argument. All I'm saying is I would have kicked a field goal...because I'm more than capable of kicking a 47 yard field goal (which is what it would have been from your opponents 30 yard line...had you not gone for it on 4th and 7)...especially when the score is tied 0-0 on the opening drive of the game in the first quarter. That is all.

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  djgamer134 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Playn earlier in the game i missed a 15 yard field goal (thats right 15 yards! - i know some of u guys could have made that field-goal by launching the ball from your A S S! nevertheless; i failed MISERABLY!). - Couldn't have been the opening drive. And i guess he meant a 33 yard field goal.

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Well..i think you were desperate in that game to do those things and to rationalize it in your mind... I think the AFC is so tough you kind of forced yourself to make those decision. You know You have to win the division to get in and you tried...O well, i dont agree with your actions and If u lost you paid the price...So talking about it does not change anything. Lets get on with our lives and play some good ol sim football...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

PROMISED MADE (and full-filled) Empty FOR THE RECORD

Post  GREENERRRR Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:57 am

1) tHE MISSED EARLIER FIELD GOAL - CAME IN A PREVIOUS GAME - my opponent DISCONNECTED - AND I CHOSE TO RE-START THE GM - INSTEAD OF TAKEN THE EZ WIN vs. the CPU - (I didnt want this to be part of the conversation) - but i didnt have to restart the game - AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN 100% WITHIN THE RULES FOR ME TO FINISH VS THE CPU AND TAKE THE WIN - AND MY OPPONENT WOULD NOT EVEN BE ABLE TO "BITCH" B/C OF IT - AFTERALL - HE IS THE 1 WHO LOST THE CONNECTION NOT ME - I CHOSE NOT TO TAKE A CHZY WIN... nevertheless the short missed field goal did occur vs the same player that DISCONECTED AND I DID THE RITE THING AND RESTARTED THE GM... this mised field goal was at the forfront of my decision making process...

2) I messed up calculating the Field Goal Distance - i was scrimaging the ball between the 12 AND 15 yard line... BUT Deathwish22 IS WRONG ABOUT THIS BEING THE INCORRECT CALCULATION IN "Professional Football" - iin the CFL - (and Canadian rules) - the goal posts - uprights) - r placed on the goalline - (and the CFL is professional football) - i coach highschool - and we play under a MIXTURE OF CFL and NFL rules - we play 4 downs (usually 3 downs in CFL) but we allow 12 players, on a bigger field - (110 METERS - no yards - LONG) - (60 METERS WIDE) - AND END ZONES R 20 METERS DEEP - AND LIKE I SAID THE UPRIGHTS ARE ON THE GOALINE - ... FOR THE RECORD my error - wasnt made to decieve you - the field goal would have been a 32 yard attempt - STILL A VERY SHORT FIELD GOAL... - that should be automatic - in both the CFL or NFL

3) As far as not being allowed to play Madden online if your game is so weak - that u missed a short field goal like that - well - THATS A PRETTY DUMB THING TO SAY - I DO MISS FIELD GOALS A LOT - BUT MY GM IS NOT THE WEAKEST OUT HERE - I HAVE BEAT SUPERBOWL CHAMPS - AND PLENTY OF TOP PLAYERS - AND IF U BASE MY TOTAL MADDEN SKILLS ON KICKING FIELD GOALS (WHICH IS 1 ASPECT OF THE GM - I AM TRYN TO IMPROVE) - I DONT SEE THAT AS FAIR - AND TOTALLY UNREASONABLE...

I CONTINUE TO STAND BY MY DECISION - and there is plenty of teams that would choose to have an EXTRA DOWN - over punting in the Long Field Goal vs PUNT "grey area" - THIS AREA IS DIFFERENT FOR EVERY1 - and kickn a 47 yard field goal - was definitely in this "grey area" 4 me - SO I MADE THE ONLY LOGICAL DECISION=

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrillstar Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:30 am

Sorry, I missed every part of your reply that WASN'T IN CAPS!

;p

Scrillstar

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Greener, let's just drop this and move on. We're both grown men...I have a lot of respect for you and what you do for these franchises. In the end...neither one of us were wrong. It is a losing battle...let's just move pass this and continue to run the best network of franchises out there.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  skolvikesallday Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:30 pm

I thought that we could only go for 4th and 1s inside our 40, but have since learned that I missunderstood that rule.

Apparently we CAN NOT go for it on 4th from inside your OWN 40. But beyond that as I understand it anything is fair game?

If that is the case then greener did nothing wrong. And I will take this into consideration in my games because I have punted several times from like my own 37 on 4th and 2 because i thought I had to. Had i known it was legal to run a play in those situations I would have.

but I can see how your oppenent got mad, nothing worse than someone converting a 4th and long against you, they seem to ALWAYS get it. So hard to stop someone 4 times in a row in this game.

skolvikesallday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down