Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honest Feedback

+2
skolvikesallday
falconfansince81
6 posters

Go down

am i a cheeser?

Honest Feedback Vote_lcap0%Honest Feedback Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Honest Feedback Vote_lcap100%Honest Feedback Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 4

Honest Feedback Empty Honest Feedback

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:23 pm

thought maybe i could get some honest feedback on my playstyle from guys who've played me and whats considered to be cheese these days. this coming from my recent superbowl game vs manch in his accusation of me being a cheeser because i threw to the flats when he blitzed and ran tosses when it was man coverage (usually meant another blitz). i seriously would like to know if running tosses and throwing to the flats because the defense like to man blitz primarily on 1st downs and 3rd and shorts is considered cheesy to you guys. and manch, i know you'll just flame me like you did all game because i got 2 td's off dump passes to turner when the lb blitzed weak side and he was wide open with my wr blocking downfield...but i wanna hear from other people who've played me what they think, positive or negative criticism is appreciated.

i base my offense off what the defense gives me, i don't just call a bubble screen every 3rd play (not mentioning names) but either way i feel there are ways to stop almost any offensive play depending on your user audible/stick skills. a lot of people live cover 1 blitzing, and i see no point in not running tosses to counter the blitz (sometimes it fails and you toss to the wrong side) or throwing to the flats rather than praying the 20 yard bump and run doesn't impeded your wr's. i personally don't consider it cheese to constantly throw to the flats if you know the defense will be bringing pressure, to me its the defenses lack of creativity and predictability that brings it upon itself, but maybe i'm wrong...so thats why i'm askin u guys.

i know this is long but please let me know, if its really considered cheesy i'll leave every franchise and put down madden because i don't think theres a point to playing cupcake football because the defense won't call a cover 2 zone or audible a blitzing safety to a flat route rather than just leaving the same man blitz scheme vulnerable to flats and tosses and expect the other user NOT to throw there.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Honest Feedback Empty Re: Honest Feedback

Post  skolvikesallday Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 am

falconsfan i have played you several times, at least 3.

Honesly I have only seen one real cheeser in any of the sim leagues im in, and he was kicked a few weeks later.

I totally agree with your offensive philosophy, take what the D gives you. If I see that the flats are gonna be WIDE open i will throw there all day. Sometimes against good players I get scared that they are making it LOOK like the flats will be open before the play, and then have someone go ever there to cover. Great way to get a pick six. So no its not cheese at all. If you know how to play defense you can make throws to the flats very risky for the offense.

I would like to ask the same question, am I a cheezer? Ive played almost 50 games over 4 different franchises and never had someone complain... until today when I beat greener in the playoffs.

First off I think he was really frustrated about how the game played out. I will be the first to admit that there was a lot of the classic madden BS that happens to everyone from time to time. I injured AP for the first half, then Addai, then his 3rd string. For like 2 quarters he was down to his 4th RB, that would seriously frustrate me too. I also had a pick off a tipped ball that i think really bugged him, but hey... the throw was high, and I hitsticked him low, the ball popped up in there air and i had 3 guys in the area, seriously it would have been BS if one of my guys DIDNT catch it. But thats just to give you an idea of how the game went, there were several things that I would agree were "unlucky" for him, but hey, thats madden. I think most people tend to think when they get beat that it was cheeze, or luck, especially in a close game.

One thing that wasnt luck, when he completed a pass to my 12 yard line or so, with 12 seconds left in the half. He called his last timeout to stop the clock with 12 sec left. He then lined up a play. I KNEW there was no way in hell he could run there because he wouldnt have time for a FG. I KNEW he was gonna try to throw one ball in the endzone. He didnt leave a back in to doubleteam my elite DE. I got blocked. I shed the block with a finesse move. I speed bursted at the QB. He tried to throw off his back foot, didnt get it off in time and I sacked him. Clock runs down and he gets 0 points when he should have taken an easy 3. Please tell me where is the cheeze there. Sacks happen in football. They also happen at really bad times believe it or not. This was one of those times. Had he taken the FG there it would have really changed the whole dynamics of the 2nd half, and who knows, could have changed the game.

I remember last season I lost a close game when some guy with tim tribow (rookie qb with crazy RB stats) ran like 13 times for over 100 yds. I was really mad and I wish I could say it was cheese how his QB broke 1 or 2 tackles every time he ran, and never fumbled, but you know what, when I spyed him i would drop him for a 1 yard gain every time. It was the times when I didnt spy him that he took off running and killed me. There was a way to stop it, I just didnt execute right on every play, and he made just enough plays with that damn QB to beat me. It wasnt cheeze, it was him taking what i was giving him. It was me being careless and thinking I could stop him without spying. I could have made the plays to win but didnt, that is not cheeze.

I would like to know if anyone else here thinks I am a cheezer. I have been playing the same style offense and defense for a while now, and many people have seen my gameplan and plays, and I have not been called a cheeser until tonight. If you guys think im a cheeser then I will give up my teams because I thought I was playing straight. I realize this game can be VERY frustrating at times, but dont quit with 20 seconds left and then call me a cheezer, when you could have waited 20 seconds and saved the plays so everyone in the league could decide. I thought that was the exact reason the rules say if you think someone is cheesing SAVE THE REPLAYS.

skolvikesallday

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:55 am

I think Greenerrrr calls everyone a cheese if loses and doesn't like how he lost. I beat him and he called me a cheeser too! He didn't like how my 1-5-5 D stopped his running plays. I subbed in my DE via package to add strength to the line and he couldn't beat it...
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:45 pm

@ athleticone - so YOUR the reason we have the 155 rule LOL. when we played awhile back your game was fine man, and i think we had a gg. there are some people i distinctly remember for playing because they pulled some bs plays but as long as it wasn't a glitch i never call em out.

@ skolvikes - thanks for the feedback, from what i remember about you we have a similar style offense - based off what type of d the opponent runs, nothing big just long drives exposing mismatches and holes in the coverage. i think some people just take this game WAY too seriously, and when they don't know how to audible individual defenders or adjust a package to better cover a certain area, they get frustrated and call you out.

i got called out again last night, by greener...again. the first time he said something negative about me was when i busted off a td run when i should've knelled rather than even pick a run play. i've been doing that ever since and a guy i beat 45-7 last night was impressed by my sportsman ship and i was able to recruit him for the big green league, now THATS sportsmanship...he did have some bs (a lot) go my way but respected how i played him as i would do for any opponent who beats me W/O exploits. i HATE losing just as much as the next guy, and i'm usually pretty bummed about the loss for awhile after but i just say gg and let it go anymore, can't win em all.

what happened last night was really pushing it though, and greener i know your not gonna like this but i want to hear other peoples thoughts on this hit stick thing. it was 23-3 in third, i was up and greener was driving using one formation with a ol subbed in for a te. well no matter what i called he was knockin my d all over the field eating up 5 yards a carry easily. thats fine, i was containing it and the clock was running. occasionally there was a playaction (1) pass in there but it was all off tackle/toss and by the time he got the ball in the 4th i was up 26-10. now keep in mind i LOST my first game of the season to yanksuck007 when i was up two scores with under 2 minutes left, he recovered an onside kick and beat me by 1 so i wasn't takin any chances. again hes runnin same formation, 1 pass play 1 playaction, well i hit stick and rb and take him out. guy must've had at least 30 carry's by now but yet he tells me 'the game was over so why hit stick? now i know how you are'. man wtf is that?? how i am? i been hit stickin since 05 as its usually a sure tackle if you do it right, PLUS i have a fs whos been getting trucked all game...kinda the only way stop him. half the time i'd miss the tackle cause of the auto-hurdle anyways. well he scored and made it 18-26, and if he got the onside he could've tied it so the game was far from over.

think its games that frustrate us that lead us to say something to the other guy cause we didn't like the end result. i wasn't tryin to 'intentionally hurt' his rb, it was the only way i could stop him and thats how i tackle, hard. i don't know...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aug17 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:04 pm

whats the best way to stop Greener's run offense. When I played him he ran an off shoot of a goal line offense a high percentage of the time(a OL subbed for TE, 2 rbs 2 TE's)....it was tough to stop without overcommiting and being suceptible to a PLay action FB dump or something like that. I have never seen something like that. It helped that he had Peterson and Portis. But it was a frustrating game. He whooped the shit out of me.

Aug17

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:55 pm

@falcon - yea he did the samething to me. I agree with what you did. It's call football and securing to win. Hit stick his ass allday. I've lost a game too trying to be conservative while being up only to lose because of fumble on kickoffs back to back. I secure the win and to me at LEAST 21 pts will do it!

@ aug - he ran that same playing style against me and my 155 D with DE subbed end where able to contain his run heavy formation. Which is why he what's to limit when you can use it. Which is BS all the way. And if some finds a different formation to stop his heavy run packages he'll want to complain about that too. GREENERRR is LAME and makes LAME rules to benefit his play style. Think about it...

If I see Greenerrr again you best believe I'm running 155 to counter his TE at WR and OL at TE packages EVERYTIME!!!!!!!
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:33 pm

whoa guys wait a sec....

did you say greener subs in OL for his TEs and FBs???

wtf and he calls other people out for cheap tactics??

I have played him a few times and didnt notice this, but then again Im lazy and unless someones dominating me I dont really study every little aspect of their offense.

and now he's saying you cant hitstick ROFL

I dont care if im up by 40, I take pride in shutting someones offense down FOR THE ENTIRE GAME. Not just 3 quarters. Any idiot with a few good plays and a little luck can score points, the challenge in this game is to STOP your opponent from scoring. Look at all the best players in our leagues, they all have one thing in common, GREAT DEFENSE. And if the game was over as he said, why is he still trying to score, and why is he mad that you hitsticked, if the game was indeed already decided then it doesn't matter either way, and he should have had his backups in if he wanted to avoid injury. Imo a game isnt OVER until there is under 2 minutes left, and one team can end the game by taking a knee a few times. I have seen people score 28 in the 4th, crazy shit happens in madden.

Like it or not the most reliable way to tackle in this game is to hitstick, its just instinct for me after a few years. Im not trying to make big plays or force fumbles to run up the score. Hitstick is just how I tackle on most plays. If guys are gonna start complaining about that then we might as well say that you cant stiffarm, juke, spin, or truckstick. Cmon guys complaining about someone hit-sticking you is getting kinda childish.

Last edited by tomer629 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 pm

I thought goal line offense is illegal anywhere but the goal line or 3rd/4th and 1.

but greenerr just subs in OL at TE to make his own goal line formation??? Talk about bending the rules. I have always considered those big/jumbo/goalline formations cheese. Get 8 big blockers out in front of you and just run through the holes with a good RB, its pretty easy to get 5 yards (or 50) a carry like that, which is why running goalline all the time is illegal in most sim leagues.

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:46 pm

I agree with you... 100
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 pm

i messaged him and said you can stop running goaline with one pass play any time now, gettin pretty high on that same formation % (it does get frustrating, even up 20pts but i can go with it) and he is right when he says its technically not goaline formation...but its the same players, just a different formation so i have hard time seeing a difference. he said no, i'm not throwing into 8 guys in zone lol. i feel ya there greener, but if you know zone coverage you know there are seams in cover 3, sidelines all day and cover 2 i was givin up the deep pass down the middle but you never looked there so i had to play tough run d.

i still didn't stop it, i contained it to 3-5 yards a carry and had 4 int's off the playactions so thats the only reason i won. whoever made the comment about bending the rules is pretty spot on...but hes technically not breaking any rules.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ezweightloss Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 am

i didnt not have a problem stopping his run game. (greener's) i shut it down for the whole game with the exception of one wildcat play on 3 and 18 where AP broke 3 tackles and broke off a 76 yard run or something like that. in exchange for shutting down his run game i gave up some pretty big play action passes but still pulled out the victory. and i was also accused of running up the score because i scored with about 1:40 left in the game off a dive play. which i ran because he still had two timeouts and i was only up 10. i wasnt trying to score i was just trying to get a first down so then i could knee it. in real life this year brett favre threw an unnecessary touchdown pass against the dallas cowboys in the 4th quarter. and most of the analysts said "if you dont like it then stop it" which is a philosophy i agree with. but i was still not intentionally was not trying to run up the score.

also i do not agree with using all those tightends and o line men but some times teams such as the saints motion a te who is replace by a backup ot the same way greener does. having te's as wr's not in slot in completely unrealistic tho. also team such the ravens use a lot of plays from unbalanced line formation which madden does not have alot of but that should not be consider illegal.
ezweightloss
ezweightloss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down