Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A perfect example of an honest sim gamer

3 posters

Go down

A perfect example of an honest sim gamer Empty A perfect example of an honest sim gamer

Post  Michael_isking RADIMUS Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:01 pm

I just wanted to let people know that the Dolphins owner is a perfect example of an honest gamer and person. He was disconnected in our game after I was leading 14-0. He sent me a message via psn that said he wanted to restart the game. I replied that since I was leading 14-0 the fair thing to do was for him to call fieldgoal block twice to let me score 2 touchdowns. My intention was to recreate the score when the disconnect occurred. He replied yes that's fair. So true to his word that is exactly what he did.

In the second game we restarted, we recreated the score 14-0. I've said this many times win or lose and like everyone I will lose my share of games I just want to compete against honest people.

I had a friend who was leading a game 30-0 against the commissioner of a different league. I repeat this did not occur in our league but a different league. But my friend was leading 30-0 and the commish of that league quit the game. He said there was a power outage. Highly unlikely and at the very least, suspicious. So they restarted the game which was not fair at all to my friend. Why should he have to restart the game with the score even at 0-0.

So my friend won the second game and the commish immediately booted him from the league saying he cheated. My point in bringing this up is that commish is a perfect example of the type of person I would never associate myself with and would never want to play against ever. Might as well play against someone who blocks kickoffs.

I also want to add there is no bias or conflict of interest here. Yes he is my friend, but the commish of that league quit in a game against me so he has a history of quitting. So I'll take the word of someone who is not a quitter as opposed to someone that is.

So the Dolphins owner's honesty is refreshing and reminds me there are honest gamers out there.

And I wanted to get other people's thoughts on whether we should recreate scores if one person disconnects the way the Dolphins owner and I recreated the score in our game.
Michael_isking RADIMUS
Michael_isking RADIMUS

Back to top Go down

A perfect example of an honest sim gamer Empty Re: A perfect example of an honest sim gamer

Post  Cyfore Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:11 pm

i don't see why we shouldnt. it's very easy to recreate scoring totals in a restarted game.
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

A perfect example of an honest sim gamer Empty Re: A perfect example of an honest sim gamer

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:30 pm

decent idea depending on the score ..also stats that will improve..alot plays into it..if its a low score its easy but a high score making it up can get out of hand..

but the guy who disconnected ( for w/e reason..im sure weve all been kicked off before , happens to me as well ) gets a better chance to come back because the time.. if your losing 14-0 in the 1st thats 1 thing but in the 4th.. thats alot to make up isnt it ..he could easily come back ..

idk its tough but your ideas better than just restarting the game from scratch ..

but props for giving respect to the dolphins owner and I agree Id rather lose in a fair match than win bc bs or lose bc bs
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down