Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1-5-5 RULE

+3
Aug17
athleticone
GREENERRRR
7 posters

Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty 1-5-5 RULE

Post  GREENERRRR Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:01 pm

is a Nickel defense designed to be effective vs the run... With the poor programming of the Offensive Line - Blitzing (2nd level players) are rarely blocked when a run play is called - (the Oline is more effective picking these pass rushers up in passing situation - this is not a problem) - but the failure for of the Offensive Line to pic up thjis players at the Point of Attack on a run play - has made the 1-5-5 a solid run stopping defense - WHEN IT WAS CLEARLY NOT DESIGNED TO STOP THE RUN AND ALL FOOTBALL COMNMON SENSE SAYS THAT IT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE VS THE RUN... (exlplanation provided beloem),...

FOOTBALL 101 FUNDEMENTALS - RUNNING VS A 1-5-5 DEFENSE...

Go to a Jumbo saet - 2x's TE, FB, RB, OFF-SET TE...

the point of attack (POA) shoulds be 2 gaps away from the lone defensive lineman - making him inconsequential to the play...

Advantage is to the offense because they know where the play is going (defense doesnt) - and the defense has to account for CONTAIN, CUTBACK, OFFTACKLE, BLAST and DIVE areas on either side of the ball (aka D through A gaps - and angle of pursuit responsibilties)... this simply says that every player just cant swarm to the ball - they have to honour their assignmenets - and if they dont - a good coach will see that - and exploit them on the next play...

The above situation allows 3 Olineman - (directly at the POA and 2 - on each side of it, A POwer blocking FB and possibly a motioning off-set TE - all blocking for the RB) - these 4-5 players - will 100% meet the LB's 3 yards down the field (the LB`s will be 4-5 yards off the LOS - offense knows the snap count - the get an extra step - making the point of contact between them - 2.5 to 3 yards downfield) - lets assume worst case scenario - EVERY1 MISSES THEIR BLOCK - THAT MEANS THE rb WILL BE ENGAGED by the defender at 2.5 - 3 yards downfdield - (the rb has an 8 yard momentum to this point - he would fall forward for a 1 yard gain) - AT THE VERY LEAST - EVERYTIME! - but in fact - at the POA - the 3 Lineman, FB and possibly an off-set TE - should be empoying a simple zone blockn philosphy - (say taking the 1st man that attacks from their inside or tries to cross there face) - this simple phiosphy will out-number the defense at the POA - making a SIZEABLE GAIN and many huge gainers by the RB - thats what would happen in real football - thats why teams only use the 1-5-5 in passing situation - becauswe the run would blow it up!

So seeing that the 1-5-5 clearly should not be effective vs the the runa - but is in Madden - we have made the following 1-5-5 rule...

U can run the 1-5-5 as much as u want when its 3rd or 4th and 6 yards (or more to a 1st down) - (i.e passing situations) - in addition u can use the 1-5-5 IN 3 OTHER SITUATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE 1 LISTED ABOVE in the entire game...

This rule allows guys to use the 1-5-5 as it was designed for... and stops guys from CONSISTRANTLY manipulating bad programming to use it to stop the run... good rule - but let me know what u think - gopod the bad an ugly - i wanna hear it all

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty Re: 1-5-5 RULE

Post  athleticone Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:00 pm

BULLSHIT!!!!! 155 is effective because you never know where the blitz or rush is coming from. The whole purpose of the formation... It doesn't always work though. Your just mad cause it counters you setting up goaline formation (which is illegal to run, stated in your rules) without being in the goaline formation.

Others have seen your style of play and all the samething, but it seems that you are calling people out for being cheeers because shit doesn't go your way.

Your full of shit and so are your BS rules....
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty LMFAO @ athleticone...

Post  GREENERRRR Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:17 pm

I love KNOW IT ALLS - who say my analyisis is BS - but give no reason why... I have been detailed in my explanation - NOT KNOWING WHERE THE BLITZ IS COMING FROM IS UNCONSENQUENTIAL IN RUN PLAYS... (i agree in a pass play it has some value) - HOWEVER IN A RUN (AND THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TALKN ABOUT)- this advantage is completely disvalued BECAUSE THE OFFENSE KNOWS WHERE THE POINT OF ATTACK (POA) IS - AND THE DEFENSE DOESNT - sure the defense may guess right and blitz at the exact same gap as the POA - but that is where the simple zone blockning rules come into play - and totally counters this...

SIMPLE QUESTION - IF THE 1-5-5 WAS MEANT TO STOP THE RUN - WHY WOULDNT MORE TEAMS USE IT TO DO SO? - simple answer - its ineffective so they dont use it vs the run...

btw - know about a few playbooks and offensive sets b4 u accuse some1 of using an offense that against the rules - there r offensive sets that have double TE sets and 2 RB's - that r not goalline sets - or a player can use a single TE and have an offset TE or split end - there is many ways of creating this jumbo set w/o using the goaline offense - GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS B4 U INSINUATE THAT SOME1 IS BREAKN THE RULES.... u r the clown who is always lookn to move his DE off the line of scrimage - which is a total CHZ-BAll manourveur!

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  Aug17 Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:38 pm

fellas you can keep this civil if you want to. I guess the 1-5-5 rule is alright. But my opinion is that if you cant run on it, then pass. Simple. Greenerrr no offense, but I don't think that subbing an OL constantly for one of your two TE's and subbing a TE for your WR and then moving him in motion to block is promoting simulated football......I would disagree if you only did something like this on the goal line or in very short yardage (because that would be realistic.) But to do this almost all the time is not promoting sim football in my opinion. But your the boss.

Aug17

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:43 pm

lol..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:26 am

@ aug - agreed

@greenback - sorry, not me not my style of play. if its not a package I dont run it. do you even play football? real football?
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty Aug17 and atleticone

Post  GREENERRRR Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:01 pm

making these subs - is called a JUMBO SET - which is the perfect counter to the 1-5-5 (in real football) AND IS A LEGITIMATE TACTIC made by coaches all the time - coaches make these subs consistantly in the game - why should u go to a passing situation vs a nickel defense? this is counter intuitive!~ - the point is - U SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN VS IT EZ!

BTW - i will compare my football resume with any1...

Highscool FRESHMAN STARTER - (Ontario CANADA has a grade 13 when i went to highschool) - i was a starter for 5 years on the Varsity team (Varsity meaning grade 9-13) - and was captain from garde 10 - 13...

In grade 12 i was recruited to play at all non-Ontario Universities but decided to stay for my grade 13 year...

I was the captain of the Gold team of the for the Hamilton Tiger Cats (CFL) highscool evaluation camp for grade 12 and 13 - and was one of only 5 players in the history of the camp invited to it as a grade 11 (under-classman)...

I was recruited by every university in Canada - irronically chose Concordia University (where i could have attended in gr 12) - where i was the winner of Bob Aloian Scholarship... Unfortunately sat on the bench at Concordia - behind NFL player (MArk Montreuil (chargers)- and Dennis Montana (dolphins)- pls google) and numerous CFL players - got tired of sitting on the bench so finished degree at home - home town school has no football program - but i walked on and becAME A STARTER ON THEIR FIELD LACROSSE TEAM (Brock University) - and won 2 Canadian Championships - i am the only starter from these teams that is not currently playn in the NLL (National Lacross League)...

When i came how form Montreal (concodia University) i started coachn as an assitant coach at my alter-mater highschool - Lakeport S.S - within 5 years i was the Head Coach - (with 1 championship season to date) - most recently i started a new high school football program - Niagara districtr secondary School - where the school population was 233 boys and girls - i had 1 player with football experience - the lg and i was concerned about player safety - (due to inexperience) we played our 1st two lg games as controlled scrimages - coaches on the field - quick whistles etc... however this inexperienced group won its last 2 games! we went from not being able to protect our-selves copmpetently to beating teams with 40 years in the lg in 8 weeks! (this is my proudest coaching moment)... due to the success at starting the new program at Niagara District S.S - the school board of Niagara has asked me to spear-head another new football program at a new school this season (now that NDSS is up and running and clearly more successful than others in the lg)... this is timely - the upcoming game USA vs the world (highscool - part of the 2 weeks of Superbowl festivities) - i hleped nominate talent form our leagues - i believe their is 2 or 3 kids form our LGS playn in that game

and btw - Coaching Highschool football in Canada is not a paid position - IT IS STRICKLY VOLUNTEER - i do ok financially -so i am able to devote the time to this worthwhile VOLUNTEER GROUP - i go to coaching clinics with American counterparts - and they tease me about all the work i do for free - but i do it bécause i love it...

So u wanted to know if i had played the game - clearly i have - I am sure they are other guys more qualified and with richer resumes than mine - but my experience level speaks for itself... i am not pulling my football analysis out of my ass...

btw - Canadian rules are a lot different - 12 players on the field - field is 110 METERS LONG (a meter is about 5 inches longer than a yard) - the end zones are 20 meters deep, uprights are on the goalline, the field is 55 meters wide.... there is only 3 downs (instead of 4) .... the ball is bigger - (but smaller than a rigby ball) - kicking game is different - punts there is no fair catch - but u cant encroach within 5 yards of the returner when he catches it... The Defensive line has to give the offense 1 meter at the Line of Scrimage - any punts or missed field goals that goes through the endzone or is not returned out of the end zone is a single point (reffered to as rouge) - if u return the ball out of the end zone on a punt or missed field goal - u scrimage where u are tackled or at the 30 - which is ever farther - if u cant get the ball out of the end zone on a punt or missed gaol (due to defense pursuit) - u can punt the ball back to the other team - and they return it and get the ball where they are tackled - or they could even score a TD - doesnt happen often - team often more willing to give up the single point (rouge) and maintain possession than to give the other team the ball deep in their end - but in Canadian Football it possible to have 2 punts on 1 play (happened to me in highscool) - score was within 1 in the dieing seconds of the game- other team tried a filed goal... they make it - they win - they miss they can get a rouge (to force OT)-they missed - i caught deep in the end zone (remeber its 20 METERS DEEP) = NO WAY I COULD GET OUT OF THE ENDZONE WITHOUT BEING TACKLED - (i was a DB not an offensive player lol) so i booted the ball back to the oother team - i dont kick much but it went out of bounds around the 6- the clock ended - we won! very exciting play to watch and even more so to be a part of...

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  djgamer134 Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Long Post is long. Smile

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

Post  Aug17 Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:51 pm

The 1-5-5 shouldnt be effective against the run most of the time, and it usually isnt for me . I am just going to nix it because I dont want to have restrictions on my play calling. I used this defense mainly for its zones, and not for its blitz packages. When you have so many players standing up it can be confusing for a quarterback (a la bill belichek). If cant use it on 2nd and 10 or 3rd and 4, then Id rather just have another package, like nickel normal. When will madden allow you to design your own playbook?????? It doesnt seem like it would be that hard to put in the game..... Greenerrr - impressive resume. you don't really run an NFL style offense, thats all I was saying. Either way I dont really have a problem with it. I just have to adapt to it. You were a good sportsman last time we played, and I look forward to playing you again.

Aug17

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 am

That was long. So u have a little CANADIAN football experience, not American. I believe Madden is American Football... Lol! Let's agree to disagree. I know trying to put a rule on everything u disagree about the game with is ridiculous. It all boils down to game different gMe styles. Some formation/packages work for some people and some don't. U gotta have the right players to make anything work against anything...
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty athleticone

Post  GREENERRRR Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 am

U asked me if i played "real football" - and i answererd your question in detail - my football resume is Canadian - thats where i live - and btw - many people feel the Canadian football game is a far better brand of footgball to watch - the bigger field and 3 downs make for wide open play - the best CFL qb's were Warren Moon (yes thats where he started his carreer - the NFL didnt think that a black QB could play (typical racist BS adherent to many problems in the USA) - he prooved those rednecks wrong - and Doug Flutie - (Both mobile qb's) -I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MICHEAL VICK PLAY THE CFL he style of play would be ideal (mobile QB with a strong arm)... btw - Ricky Williams came to the CFL in his prime when he was suspended - and he was a medicore back - not even mentioned for all CANADAIN status... my point is that the CFL game is different - doesnt make it better or worse (but definitely more exciting to watch, play and coach)- all-pro players in the NFL may not be successful in the CFL - if u can play in the NFL you do (and never the CFL) because more prestige and money - my illustration was to show its a different game and i have clearly done that...

Athleticone - as far as your igmnoramous comment of knowing a lil about Canadian Football and even less about Football in the NFL - get a grip - a comment like that shows u know likely zero - i have shown, explained and left my football resume out for every1 to see... U may have more credentials than me - AND GOOD FOR YOU IF DO - but i know the game and i am willing to stand up and say what is and what isnt BS - in fact it is likely i have forgotten more footbal than you will ever know... why dont u grow a pair - tell us your football resume - and counter my football 101 arguements i have made - instead of making dumbass off the cuff comments... any coach worth a grain of salt knows there is always a counter to any game-plan and a counter to the counter and counter to the counter's counter... LOL... thats what make football the ultimate coaches sport - the most successful coaches recognize these "counters" quickly, implement them effectively with a squad of disciplined well schooled athletes who are orgainized in a way to get the highest potential and value for the assets in that squad....

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty Aug17

Post  GREENERRRR Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:15 am

U have been a great addition to our group - you play all your games - and are respectful of the rules - even if you dont completely agree with them - and i give you props for that...

You are also so right about designing your own playbook -it couldnt be hard - and would make madden that much better... not sure why the spend time and money on designing things like "extra uniforms" when they can make simple additions like this easily

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Greenerrr I laugh at you! Cause u are hilarious... All u need to know is I've played with BEST and know a GREAT DEAL more than u about the game of FOOTBALL!!! Make of that what you will. Don't feel the need to post my resume...WHY??? Call me what you will as long as it makes you happy, Im all for it. Every Canadian I've meet is the same. Canada is the best, we have the best, we are better than you, and so is everything we do... Why do I continue to hold this conversation with you..........
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:05 pm

athleticone...that was a hilarious rhyme lol. now i'm assuming by you saying you've played with the 'best of the best' you obviously have some nfl experience? that being the case, i don't know what your position was BUT anyone who even played high school ball knows a 1-5-5 doesn't stand a chance vs a power set, ever. i don't care if you have a 155 team of pro bowlers they still couldn't consistantly stop even a college team's power set...just pure size and power in the oline and fb would push the lb's back at LEAST a yard or two (they're already half a yard off the LOS anyways) plus the momentum of the back would be 4-5 yards per carry.

this as well know isn't the case in madden, its a hard subject but i think the use of 155 vs the run shouldn't be limited...we have a lot of rules as is catering the unrealistic qualities of madden...and since i don't run it, don't have a problem beating it and don't have anyone complain against it...i see no reason to limit it.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DEN_24 Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:04 pm

1-5-5 isnt even in my playbook, nor would i ever let it be... i agree with alot of the things said above by most of you, but i just wanna avoid any confusion and not use it at all... there are plenty of other formations to use... why get labeled a cheezer when u can win using legitimate tactics ?
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down