Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1-5-5 RULE

+5
Deathwish22
djgamer134
falconfansince81
Ryno341
GREENERRRR
9 posters

Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty 1-5-5 RULE

Post  GREENERRRR Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:02 pm

is a Nickel defense designed to be effective vs the run... With the poor programming of the Offensive Line - Blitzing (2nd level players) are rarely blocked when a run play is called - (the Oline is more effective picking these pass rushers up in passing situation - this is not a problem) - but the failure for of the Offensive Line to pic up thjis players at the Point of Attack on a run play - has made the 1-5-5 a solid run stopping defense - WHEN IT WAS CLEARLY NOT DESIGNED TO STOP THE RUN AND ALL FOOTBALL COMNMON SENSE SAYS THAT IT SHOULD BE COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE VS THE RUN... (exlplanation provided beloem),...

FOOTBALL 101 FUNDEMENTALS - RUNNING VS A 1-5-5 DEFENSE...

Go to a Jumbo saet - 2x's TE, FB, RB, OFF-SET TE...

the point of attack (POA) shoulds be 2 gaps away from the lone defensive lineman - making him inconsequential to the play...

Advantage is to the offense because they know where the play is going (defense doesnt) - and the defense has to account for CONTAIN, CUTBACK, OFFTACKLE, BLAST and DIVE areas on either side of the ball (aka D through A gaps - and angle of pursuit responsibilties)... this simply says that every player just cant swarm to the ball - they have to honour their assignmenets - and if they dont - a good coach will see that - and exploit them on the next play...

The above situation allows 3 Olineman - (directly at the POA and 2 - on each side of it, A POwer blocking FB and possibly a motioning off-set TE - all blocking for the RB) - these 4-5 players - will 100% meet the LB's 3 yards down the field (the LB`s will be 4-5 yards off the LOS - offense knows the snap count - the get an extra step - making the point of contact between them - 2.5 to 3 yards downfield) - lets assume worst case scenario - EVERY1 MISSES THEIR BLOCK - THAT MEANS THE rb WILL BE ENGAGED by the defender at 2.5 - 3 yards downfdield - (the rb has an 8 yard momentum to this point - he would fall forward for a 1 yard - making a minimum gain of 3.5 yards) - AT THE VERY LEAST - EVERYTIME! - but in fact - at the POA - the 3 Lineman, FB and possibly an off-set TE - should be empoying a simple zone blockn philosphy - (say taking the 1st man that attacks from their inside or tries to cross there face) - this simple phiosphy will out-number the defense at the POA - making a SIZEABLE GAIN and many huge gainers by the RB - thats what would happen in real football - thats why teams only use the 1-5-5 in passing situation - becauswe the run would blow it up!

So seeing that the 1-5-5 clearly should not be effective vs the the runa - but is in Madden - we have made the following 1-5-5 rule...

U can run the 1-5-5 as much as u want when its 3rd or 4th and 6 yards (or more to a 1st down) - (i.e passing situations) - in addition u can use the 1-5-5 IN 3 OTHER SITUATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE 1 LISTED ABOVE in the entire game...

This rule allows guys to use the 1-5-5 as it was designed for... and stops guys from CONSISTRANTLY manipulating bad programming to use it to stop the run... good rule - but let me know what u think - gopod the bad an ugly - i wanna hear it all

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty Re: 1-5-5 RULE

Post  Ryno341 Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm

guys manipulating bad programming? where have i seen this before..........boywon....eh nvm.
Ryno341
Ryno341

http://ryansaidwhat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:09 pm

i've had two guys leave my big green league cause of this rule, but haven't heard any complaints from anyone against them.

so i though about it some more...

i personally don't care either way, cause plays like 155 cover 2 sink CAN be nano'd in about 2 seconds by simply moving one olb to the right spot...and there are many more that happen all the time. there ARE nanos in real football however, blitzes that confuse the line and stand up formations used to confuse the qb.

i don't use the 155 because i have personal morals when playing this game, the oline blocking is an absolute catastrophe as it has been since 04 and it doesn't take much to confuse it but i haven't heard of anyone in our leagues abusing this too much. the guys who do play it (da coach) know i'll just run tosses around it or abuse the flats til the change it up and stop running 155 blitzes to counter my power run game.

should the 155 EVER stop a power run for no yards? hardly..does it? yes, sometimes. still kinda on the fence with this one, its like saying not to run 3-4 or 4-6 vs 3-4 wr sets ya know?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  djgamer134 Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:13 pm

don't like it and i barely even touch that formation.

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty dJGAMER...

Post  GREENERRRR Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:02 pm

i respect your opinion... but u need to ellaborate a lil more than what u have - what dont u like abiiout and why? -= are u sayn that guys SHOULD be allowed to use the 1-5-5 to STOP THE RUN? - i have been detailed about the reasoning behind the rule - i am interewsted to know where my analysis is incorrect...

My main beef with madden (and lately it seems worse and worse) the game gets away from being a true football simulation and has become a NERDFEST dominated by guys who try to find the "angles" where there r BS holes in the programming of the AI - and then they try to exploit these "holes" as best as they can... why not take that brain-power and skill of deductive reasoning aND BECOME A "STUDENT OF THE GAME" (the game of course if football - and a student of football NEVER GRADUATES - their is too much to learn) - this way u can out-think your opponent by using sound football strategy - and beat them between the "sidelines" instead of tryn to find out how madden programmers "SCREWED UP` and exploiting this BS mistake the madden creators have made... just a simple thought of a person who is a DEDICATED STUDENT OF THE GAME

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty POSSIBLE ADDITION

Post  GREENERRRR Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:07 pm

to the 1-5-5 - in addiution to its current verbage... i was thinkn of adding this caveat...

If a player comes out in a 3, 4 or 5 WR set - the 1-5-5 can be used at anytime and will not count in its 3 time limit - these sets r known passing sets - and it wouyld be reasonable to counter with a nickel defense vs them...

What u think

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 pm

I completely agree...but also take away the lame ass hit stick on here (which is about as non realistic as anything on this game...I truthfully wish you had the option of turning it off in franchise mode)...and ur boy, boywonder, wouldn't be 60-0...but that is a whole other agrument for a future date. There are too many holes and glitches in this effin game. I never use that nickle formation...but I am a strong supporter of the 46...the 46 formation has just as many holes as the 1-5 formation and truthfully all the formations have holes...but I completely agree that is being abused by madden players...not necessarily by the ones playing in our core franchises that have been here from the beginning...but by the one who aren't playing the game to find true simulation.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 pm

honestly I would never use any formation out of context to the play called on the opposite side, or situation in the game. I honestly have no idea how to NANO, or any of that crap because i've never looked at how to do it. i've always gone off of realistic decision making. if I do anything in Madden its never to exploit A.I. or anything like that. pure football philosophies.

As for Boywonder, I can tell he doesn't know much about football just by the way he plays. Anyone who uses just two defensive plays an entire game, and never makes adjustments is not that smart football IQ wise. the reason he doesn't adjustments is because he knows he has the stick skills necessary to make the play sooner or later. bend but don't break. which is fine i guess in a football sense too sometimes. rare instances, such as the tampa 2 defense, defenses usually only use a couple of variations of defensive playcalling. the bears did this for a couple years when they were dominant.

games against players like Boywonder are boring because you usually have to throw out half your offensive play calling, because you know it's just not going to work against the same damn defense over and over again. this turns a sim game into a video game. borrringgggggg and really frustrating.

games that are fun are games that are played against players such as falconsfan. these are the type of players that made me fall in love with madden. defensive battles, with offense taking over at opportune moments. we had a great 24 - 24 game the other day, but were unable to finish because the EA servers suckkkkk. this is fun. battle of wits and intellect. not a battle of stick skills.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

1-5-5 RULE Empty ryno

Post  ScHlOeR87 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:30 pm

i agree with everything u just said

ScHlOeR87

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

thanks schloer. be sure to vote in the new poll i made. "a vote to save our sim league"
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:22 pm

you want to see the kind of players we DON'T want in the league?

check out this guy i played, he's ranked in the top 100 now on his other account...told me he plays sim style and wants a recorded game, i obliged.

https://www.youtube.com/psyrinox#p/c/F14FC2F5D5DA8AC7/2/_Cg3Mg5jM8k

is he as bad as this? i mean c'mon...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENERRRR Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm

i love the meaningless filed goal at the end of the game - typical stat slut move - NEWFLASH - HE IS FAR FROM A SIM PLAYER - tell him to join a roll out opf the pocket and heave club!

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:06 pm

all Im gonna say is that there is a reason this is called fag D

all the madden challenge cheesers use it, and even they call it fag D, and admit that it is totally unrealistic, but when you are playing madden tournaments for big money guys will go with whatever works

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:56 pm

thats why i've came to the salvation of sim leagues
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrillstar Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:11 pm

I can understand the need for this rule. I use the 1-5-5 occasionally but I quickly stop using it once (like falconfan said) someone exploits its weaknesses.... certain plays in this formation can be raped by fade routes as well (similar to cover 2). It is not logical that it is so effective against the run and I enjoy being a student of the game and playing real football but Madden has so many damn faults and glitches you can do a cheese play without even trying!

Anyways, I understand the need for this rule I just feel it will be hard to enforce and it can be a bit confusing for some, in game, of knowing when they can and cannot use it.

Scrillstar

Back to top Go down

Post  freshmullet Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 pm

never knew this formation even existed, saves me a headache to decipher what is legal and what is not
freshmullet
freshmullet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down