Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABout the new rule

+3
Deathwish22
falconfansince81
jmojsoski
7 posters

Go down

Feelings about new rule

ABout the new rule Vote_lcap50%ABout the new rule Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
ABout the new rule Vote_lcap50%ABout the new rule Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

ABout the new rule Empty ABout the new rule

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:26 pm

How do you guys feel about going offsides intentionally after you have sacked the QB intentionally? Do you feel it is necessary? How would this rule affect a game's outcome? How would sacking a QB greatly affect a game? Is this pissing ppl off to were we have to implement more rules? Sacking the QB before an exchange happens, but, it rarely does, right? Is this happening so much as to were we need to do more to stop it? If we keep adding more rules to stop it, will people change up their style of play because their aggression can cause then the game? How can this rule affect situation play calling? Think about all these questions before you answer...Now Do you agree with the rule or not? If you agree state why please and if you don't state why.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

ABout the new rule Empty Re: ABout the new rule

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:36 pm

100% of the ppl agree..yay..lol..ok...um, i agree simply for the questions a stated above in the topic..this rule is not necessary..How many reported case we have in this league were ppl are sacking the QB? Is the old rule ( taking away draft picks) not working? Why does the league feel we have to implement more? Yes sack the QB b4 the exchange pisses me off but it happens and the old rules work.. I am guilty of this charge and i am going to pay the consequences for not complying with league rules..Why should ppl guilty if this charge face more punishment..Also this rule can take the aggression out of their D play calling...We are sim style players right? Are we sim style league committed whose trying to protect the QB( we all no the brady rule)... You cant even lay a dam finger on the QB in real life..now in madden, this rule can make ppl blitz less and play more zone because sacking the QB b4 exchange is not planned it happens...Playing zone makes ppl more vulnerable to the run...All im saying, the rules in placed haven't failed, so why make more rules...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:38 pm

i thought about it, and every time i have done it or it's been done to me (which is very rare) it was unintentional. i happens sometimes with a double a gab blitz on playactions or tosses, and as seldom as it occurs i think its comparable to as often as it happens in the nfl (maybe once or twice a season for me). i'd say maybe enforce the rule if it happens more than once a game, so the second occurrence in the same game would yield the penalty.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:40 pm

now thats a different rule...do u agree completely or disagree..i like ur thought though.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:47 pm

i guess i agree, but ONLY after it happens once. i think its a great idea, and could be implemented if it happens a second time. this way people can still blitz without worry of this happening, and is really unlikely to happen twice unless your setting up nanos, in which case this solves that problem too. you basically have a freebee cause to be honest there is no way i could keep track of how many times someones done this, let alone all the way up to eight. i'd just suggest to not add another rule, but replace the current rule of being allowed 8 with the 5 yard penalty after the 1st incident. i voted disagree btw..
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:35 pm

excellent input..now we need more people to discuss the situation...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm actually for the new rule (as I voted for it). Just like you and falconfan...I also know how to nano...or drop the qb before he hands off to the running back before his 3 step drop. Yes, technically you don't have to move a lineman or a linebacker to do so. But this will prevent those times where it happens in a key moment "by accident"...I've already had a few reports in this league on people doing this...and it always happens in a key moment of the game. This will prevent that from happening. Or at least from "accidently happening" from what the guys who have been questioned about it and have said it was an "accident"...you know who you are. I don't need to mention any names. Truthfully guys...I'm sure if you're playing a guy and it happens on 1st and 10 and you truly didn't mean to do it...you can always pause the game and message your opponent and let him know ur sorry and work the rule out from there...I truthfully could give 2 shits if someone does it to me by accident...but if they continue to do it...that is what this rule is for. The rule was presented to me by 3 other commissioners who have had problems in their leagues with people doing this frequently. We are a network now and that is what is great about this new rule. This rule wasn't necessarily put into place for anyone in this franchise...but do to the fact that we are a network...all the network franchises have to have universal rules. The main reason to have these rules is to promise the most legitimate sim playing experience for online franchise play out there and to eliminate all the bullshit you put up with in an exibition game...where guys are only worried about their record and madden ranking or madden level. You can't tell me that any of you have played in a better franchise out this network...and the reason these franchises are always full and have a high percentage of games completed is because of the "legit" factor these rules present. J-MO you're good of enough a player that I really don't think you even need to argue this rule...and I agree with some of your points...but that fact is...the rule is here to stay and prevent cheesers in other franchises in this network from pulling any bullshit. I'd much rather give a guy a 5 yard penalty for "accidently" sacking his qb before the handoff instead of losing over one of these whack ass nano blitz situations in a key moment. That is all I got.

One more thing...by the official rules of this franchise...you are only allowed to have 8 reported incidents of you nano blitzing before you are penalized (suspension, docked a draft pick, or booted)...so if it happens once...be cool about it. Work it out with your opponent and play your opponent how you would want to be played...that is what this franchise is all about.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:54 am

I'm with Jmo and Falconsfan on this one. It should be obvious if the person is doing this on purpose and then they should be penalized. I believe enforcing a rule like this is just too much.
Ryno341
Ryno341

http://ryansaidwhat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

ABout the new rule Empty The Additon to the Rule is...

Post  GREENERRRR Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:17 am

jsut so people know what we r discussing

THE ADDITION TO THE RULE WILL BE:
when a player tackles the QB b4 the exchange with the RB - the next play, the defensive player is to go offside - at the very least this will give back the yards the offensive player lost... if inside the 10 yard line - he is to go off-side until the offensive player gets back to the original LOS MINIMUM

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

ABout the new rule Empty Tackling the QB b4 the exchange with the RB!

Post  GREENERRRR Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:21 am

This is a totally unrealistic event that can happen in the game! The encroachment penalty the player must take - after breakn this rule - will only Net the Offensive player (who was screwed over) 2 YARDS TOPS! - (remember he loses 3-4 on the BS tackle of the QB b4 he can make the handoff to the RB!) - IN ADDITION THE OFFENSIVE PLAYER LOSES A DOWN AS WELL!!!!!! - The loss of the down is more important than the measly 2 yards that the player would net from the encroachment penalty - in fact - I wouldnt mind forcing the offending player to do 2 Encroachment penalties in a row - so that the OFENSIVE player would NET 7 yards in this situation - This sounds reasonable to me - i think the singe encroachment penalty is generous to offender of this rule - afterall the offensive player is still in a worse situation than he started in (Even after the Encroachment penalty)

Some1 asked about this happening on 4th down!!! AMAZINGLY it happened to me - 4th and 1 on the Goaline! - he tackled my QB b4 the exchange - and i loss the ball on downs - he could even have a chance to do the encroachment penalty because he had the ball - GOOD QUESTION - lets brainstorm - How should we deal with this situation...

The overall rule of losing a 2nd round pic after 8 offenses of this rule will stay in place - the encroachment penalty is meant to mitigate the losses the Offensive players suffers through no NEGATIVE actions on his part - The draft pic is a good deterent for guys who may think to activley gameplan for a BS blitz - but does nothn to help the player that sufferes this in a game - the encroachment penalty is designed to off-set the losses this player suffers

This is an important topic to some player in our network - PLEASE voice your opinion on this topic - I am not a Dictator! (btw - this rule was decided through a suggestion by mjkight - and was discussed in a group chat with Deathwish22 and myself - b4 it was implemented - (we dont just think up rules out of the blue! - -we try and think them out!

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

ABout the new rule Empty Question

Post  djgamer134 Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:59 am

What if this incident results in a safety ?

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

ABout the new rule Empty results in a safety

Post  kavorka2 Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:07 am

this actually happened to me when playing djgamer. it happened once during a drive when i was on his side of the field. then the second time it happened, i was at my own 2 or 3 yard line (because i stopped him on 4th down, he was down 10 points with one minute and 40 seconds left), i had a two tight end set and all, ran with my FULLBACK, and my QB gets nanosacked on FIRST down. like Deathwish says, its kinda BS when it happens on key plays of the game. He actually came back to beat me in that game.

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down