Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The GREAT EQUALIZER or is it CHZ

5 posters

Go down

The GREAT EQUALIZER or is it CHZ Empty The GREAT EQUALIZER or is it CHZ

Post  GREENERRRR Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:50 am

i know u guys are goonna think that i thought this idea up because of the BW talk going on - but the truth is it came to me in a game with falconfansince81 2 days ago - in a post game discussion...

I am now leaning to the idea that the Hit-Stick is taking away from the SIM football aspect of the game - How many times have you seen a POWER RB or a BRUISING TE knocked backwards by a smaller and weaker CB or Safety? (or even worse fumble that is scooped and scored?)... without a doubt there is a spot for BIG HITS in the game - and the Hit STICk is a great tool to bring this aspect to the game...

HOWEVER - the problem is that the these BIG HITS (via the HIT STICK occur way to often in a game)... and to the defense of players like falconfan who use it often- thats just how they tackle - EVERY-TIME - so its become an instinctive habbit (ingrained for mutiple madden seasons)... The Hit Stick has taken part of SIM football away - How many "Ronnie Lott style hits" are there in a typical game - 2 maybe 3 - but guys are using the hit-stick 15-20 times a game - some virtually on every run play... THIS IS OUT OF HAND and takes away form SIM style football - the problem is that a Big Hit (in real football) - can be a high risk - High reward situation - High Reward is captured nicely in Madden (with the fumbles it causes and injuries) where Madden fails miserably is the High Risk part of this equation - there is lil IF ANY penalty or downside to Hit Sticking - Therefore players are motivated to Hit-Stick everyplay (THEY HAVING NOTHING TO LOSE!)...
my Suggestion is to Limit the number of times a `Hit Stick`can be used in a game... IDK what the number of Hit Sticks per game should be... (the number i had in my head was - but we should discuss..

I believe limiting the number of times the Hit Stick can be used - can make the game closer to SIM football... And i ask those players who Hit Stick their opponents every tackle - What would your game look like if u were allowed 2 Hit Stick uses per quarter... wouldnt it be interesting and a new strategy component to consider when and when not to use the Hit stick... R u going to use it on the FB who is gaining 2 yards if u hit-stick him or 3 yards if u dont or are u gonna use it when Norwood runs a toss play to your weak takling CB`s side... - this could bring a entire new level of strategy to the game

give this suggestion some thought - and btw if we implement this rule or any rule - it will be universal - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PLAYER SPECIFIC RULES...

lastly - i want to confimrm i didnt boot QBxKILLA for being too good - officially he was booted for breakn the 20% rule - (confirmed with video evidence - which he lied about and was caught lieing)... the other mitigating circumstances was his unsportsmanlike play (he ran the score up on weaker players unnecessarily - he is the origanal and the the person who motivated me to coin the term `STAT SLUT` - yes! this is my terminolgy (u should have saw how mad he was the 1st time i called him that!)
GREENERRRR

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

The GREAT EQUALIZER or is it CHZ Empty Re: The GREAT EQUALIZER or is it CHZ

Post  DEN_24 Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 pm

totally agree that the hit stick makes for more unrealistic gameplay, but it would be difficult to limit the number of times it can be used... because its worked into the games mechanics, sometimes its the only option... say ur playing against adrian peterson, and he keeps getting 10-15 yards on 1st down.. well the only way to slow him down or limit the number of times ur opponent runs the ball, is to jar the ball loose a couple times... or injure the star running back... only way to do so is with the hitstick... if you limit it to 3 a game, ur opponent will constantly be gaining big yardage on every running play once ur limit is exceeded... and there is a downside to the hitstick... doesnt happen often, but there are missed hits, especially if the runner can truck stick through ur hit... without the hitstick, theres not much left to counter the ground game except for play selection...
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENERRRR Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm

thats kind of the point AP - should break tackles - and should be tackled flat on his back 100% of thge time by a 170 pound CB - if it didnt work all the time - it woudl be ok - but its successful against the biggest and strongest runner and size of the player tackling and running the ball is completely inconsenquential

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  yanksuck007 Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 pm

hit stick is awesome!! it may allow u to make a few more plays than u think it should. but overall its awesome! if that should be took out then so should truck stick!! cuz that just like hit stick makes your guy seem alot better than he is. and ive seen shitty guys truck over guys they would never in real life. just like when u hit stick a stud with a dud and it works. So since we are complaining bout EVERYFUCKINTHING like we are menopausal women, lets do this, make cpu pick our defensive plays and put our controllers down while on D.(90% of my tackles are hit stick) And on O HB dive and QB sneak all game. at least then know one can bitch! cuz u know the cpus playin D and the O is runnin up the gut! LETS GET REAL. These rules are becoming gay now u are trying to hender someones stick skills on D cuz u are gettin lit up1! GAY!!!!!!! Are we a bunch of bitchy lil girls or are we men? IM A MAN! and im gettin tired of this cryin shit. if u wanna cry bout somethin cry bout losin a close game instead of anything to make to make u feel better!
yanksuck007
yanksuck007

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:35 am

lol...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 pm

the game is broken. thats all there is to it...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

The GREAT EQUALIZER or is it CHZ Empty yanksuck...

Post  GREENERRRR Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:42 pm

ity for posting your emotional response... Nevertheless, you are confusing my efforts to make this game BETTER with crying! (and i find that insulting) - i think my reason for my side of the arguement are clear and 100% legit - and nobody has been abe to debunk them yet - i understand that making rules tio fix all these BS erros in teh game would be a never ending endavour - but there is nothn wrong with discussing them - at leats it will get guys tyhinkig of the situation - and maybe educate a few - thre is no downside to that!

GREENERRRR

Back to top Go down

Post  DEN_24 Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 pm

not tryin to kiss ass here, but sayin that someone is bitchin or cryin is somewhat disrespectful... that post was pretty funny tho, and did have some truth to it... i mean might as well just start e-mailing the game developers, so they fix the problem... nothin anyone can do on here... something did occur to me tho... kinda has to do with the talk about mlb10 on the other forum, so i should have posted something on there... something i thought of, and i could be wrong on this... but in baseball, u mentionned how there was no downside to guessing incorrectly right ? well if im not mistaken, there is a little more of a down side if u play on a higher skill level no ? like on vet theres not much of a downside, but on allstar or legend difficulty i beleive there is... i think chosing incorrectly lowers ur contact... that being said, im wondering if maybe the hitstick would be less effective while playing on all-madden difficulty ? if not, they should make that amendment in madden11
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post  yanksuck007 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:07 pm

it wasnt meant to disrespect anyone that i assure you! just seems like theres always a new complaint bout somethin!!
yanksuck007
yanksuck007

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down