Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why were the original league rules changed?

5 posters

Go down

Why were the original league rules changed? Empty Why were the original league rules changed?

Post  Michael_isking RADIMUS Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Ok I guess I missed the new rule changes. But if I play another guy who moves his defensive lineman off the line prior to the snap or brings both safeties up to the line on EVERY play, well I'll...eh who cares anymore.

I read the rules AFTER I played the Patriots owner this afternoon and they are different from what the league rules were when we started this league. The 4th down rule is different. I believe we had a no huddle rule before but now it's gone. HB Direct snaps are banned even though EA addressed this play in the 2nd patch. For the record I don't call that particular play.

But my point is the rules are completely different. What happened to the rule about not moving defensive lineman prior to the snap to exploit the a.i.?

First the Patriots owner is good. Few if any would give credit to their opponent after a loss but that's exactly what I'm doing. I have sportsmanship and yeah he's good at madden.

With that said, guys, before you play any games you need to know what the rules are. And it appears in this case I was wrong. And the reason I was wrong and not the Patriots owner, was because I thought we had no huddle rules, stricter 4th down rules, not moving defensive lineman rules, rules about having all 11 guys near the line on every play. So I played the game using our league's original rules. Apparently the league rules were changed. My fault for not knowing this.

Look I have a winning record 8-2 or something like that and I'm in first place in my division but spending 30 minutes out of my day and life to play a game where there are no rules about not moving d-lineman prior to the snap, no huddle rules don't exist, no limits on screens, and the worst part is playing against someone that has BOTH safeties on the line on every play. Of all the things I would have been better off doing, why was I playing madden without the original league's sim rules?

We need more rules. There has to be a rule against always bringing one or both safeties up near the line on every play. It's an exploit. Safeties would never get away with that in real life. But in madden you can get away with it and that's why people exploit it all game.

What happened to our league rules? Christonite wrote the original league rules but now they are gone.

Again I'm in 1st place in my division with something like an 8-2 record or 7-2 record. Whatever, the point is this isn't your classic case of a sore loser complaining after a loss. I'm going to the playoffs unless I tank my last few games. But I'm just asking this is a sim league right? So why were Christonites rules completely changed?

Maybe it's just me but a league without sim rules is well not a sim league. It's more like a tournament freestyle league or maybe it's something in between.

So I guess I'm not a good fit for the league, I just liked the rules Christonite wrote but then I find out those rules are gone today. I have no idea why they were changed but hey it's not my league so you're free to do what you want. So I'll leave the league and you guys can move d-lineman, bring in both safeties and screen each other to death.

JohnnyLagz I'll see you in the other league. People said you were pretty good at madden so I'm curious if I can win against you. I noticed you lost to Jlarson the ravens in the other league. What? How did that happen? I can't believe that happened.

What happened to your original league rules Christonite?
Michael_isking RADIMUS
Michael_isking RADIMUS

Back to top Go down

Why were the original league rules changed? Empty Re: Why were the original league rules changed?

Post  Cyfore Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 am

i don't get it. you managed to complete only 5 passes and both of his safeties were in the box the whole game. word on the street was that you used wildcat a lot so i would suppose the 13 rushes to 16 passes and the horrible completion percentage(39 passing yds? really?)--due to a heavy dependence on a highly stoppable running offense-- would confirm that. it just seems to me that if he played sooooooo close to the line that you would be able to counter it with some effective passing. BUT, looking at your roster that is seemingly built to do nothing but run the ball, i see why you only completed 5 of 15 for 39 yds.

perhaps you should have saved some replays so we could see this massive exodus of dlineman all over everywhere that exploits the a.i.(nano blitzing). if its not nano blitzing then i guess its just good defense because in the real nfl some teams have packages where there are no down linemen and i know for a fact that the redskins move albert haynesworth(DT) to defensive end to create mismatches in passing situations.

even though i play noticeably sim football(IM TAKING MY THREE POINTS) i don't really get why people get miffed about the 4th down rule. one guy in this league(greenwood12) quit because of that rule and it was perfectly "sim" to go for it in the situation that was presented(4th and whatever,down by three with a powerful opposing offense). ff81 went for it in that situation and ended up getting the gamewinning TD. do you expect him to follow the "sim" rules and take the three and give it back to an offense that put up 34 points on you already when all they need is a fg to win?

Screens? DE contain and a user controlled player in the area with press coverage. DONE!

what i don't understand is how you, sir, are quitting with an 8-2 record. Adapt and overcome, step your game up, and beat him in the playoffs. i didnt quit when my beloved rams lost the first two games i had with them, sending me to an 0-4 record. i got beat by gemini(heavy run game and smart passing) and t-realist(unstoppable pass rush, predictable but great run game, blazing fast receivers and cbs) and i'm still in this league. i didn't complain one bit and if i see gemini in the playoffs ima whoop dat ass.

My final word on the subject is that it seems like these guys--michael_isking, greenwood12, others who quit because they lose-- need to get real about life and just play the game. i can't believe so many people are quitting and its this kind of attitude, outlined in the above post, that is slowing this leagues progress.

Michael_isking, you were one of the players i was looking to play against and it sucks to see you go out in such a blatantly sissy way. hopefully you rejoin so i can smash you in the superbowl or something. but that won't happen because you probably would have to play cas850 again.

LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! but seriously, come back.

Last edited by Cyfore on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i like guys!)
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Why were the original league rules changed? Empty Re: Why were the original league rules changed?

Post  Cyfore Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:57 am

READ THIS: How to deal with in game problems

Post Michael_isking RADIMUS on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 pm
If anyone ever has a problem in a game. An opponent ignores any of the league's rules for example going for it on 4th down when inappropriate or violating the league's moving defensive lineman rule, etc. the best thing to do is videotape the game. Do not call someone out in the forum, handle it privately with the commish.

Otherwise it turns into a he said, he said. Yes you can save replays but EA does not allow you to save or even view replays in every quarter. Often when trying to view a replay you will get the dreaded, "no replays available for this quarter."

who said this?

ADVANCE!!

Last edited by Cyfore on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brad pitt is sexy)
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  cas850 Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:15 am

ok now for what really happened...and thank you cyfore for taking the side of reason...

1. I called a no huddle run out of the shotgun once and gained 3 yards. he complained, i said sorry i won't do it again. i didn't know if it was against the rules or not so i just said screw it.

2. Damn right i had both safeties up. He had pat white starting at qb and adrian peterson. His WR are scrubs. As you can see, he couldn't pass for anything either since Pat Whites' THA is so horrible. That's called good gameplanning.

3. I took a dlineman to cover the HB on the flats on some plays b/c i'm tired of getting exploited for this. I know i'm not the only who does it.

4. The 4th down thing: I got the ball back with 21 seconds left in the first half deep in my territory and 2 TO's. I managed to drive all the way to the 1.5 yd line and a 4th and goal with 2 seconds in the half. The score was 13-0 at that point, i wanted the killshot right then. I'm going for that everytime in that situation.

5. I called 3 HB screens (one which i audibled out of) and 1 WR screen the entire game. Some people call more than that on single drives.

I'm pretty sure i was within the rules. If not then I apologize. But you play to win the game.-Herm Edwards.
cas850
cas850

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfore Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:43 am

you don't play to just play...
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:40 pm

surprized no1s blamed me.. I brought a different idea of sim in .. I play stretching the rules .. I dont bring safties in non stop or do a play over and over ( though a hot route can make it seem that way.. if you cant read plays )

but I felt 4th and short should be allowed bc bill b does it I felt lbs should be allowed at de bc well in real life some of the lbs in the game are in fact used at de or vice versa .. I felt you should be able to move a de but shouldnt use it as an exploit

christonite played me he knows how I play and its "sim" its the closest maden should really get bc sometimes a tackle will be broken that shouldnt ( like ray lewis hits tom brady cleanly slams right into him but brady doesnt go down..thats madden nothing we can do there..and no that hasnt happened to me yet lol but against the comp it did )

I believe some peoples idea of sim in madden is a little rough .. you see Ive heard some came over with the sim idea from a baseball game..thats much easier to sim play then football bc football there are things coaches do that are "exocitic" or "shocking" even "uncalled for" my style managed to incorporate that with sim .. in my mind making it sim but in some of yours it becomes i guess "simish" w/e
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfore Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 pm

in my opinion, johnny, the only "stretching" you did in our game was running stretch plays with darren sproles(corny, i know). i didnt see a bit of cheese in our game.

what i think happens is that people confuse "sim football" with their opinion of how this game should be played. their are so many special situations in real football that the idea of sim gaming should be expanded somewhat to include the more "exotic" situations as johnny said. i was watching my redskins play the eagles a couple weeks ago and andy reid decides that it was a good idea to kick an onside kick for the opening kickoff. i'm not saying this should be allowed or disallowed in our league but it just shows the unpredictable nature of certain coaching philosophies.
Cyfore
Cyfore

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 am

thank you ..and you well sproles doesnt go up the middle well lol I tried
:saim:
but thank you for everything else you said backing my point..football is a funny sport to just "sim" and have these rigid rules to folllow

your example ( your a skins fan!!! im a gmen fan damn I like u 2 ..fuck the cowboys?..friends?lol ) where the eagles kicked the onside kick right away is proof of what I was saying and also agree I am not saying all nutty plays like that should be allowed but you gotta consider some that are done alot ( like going for it on 4th down when its short..it happens all the time..maybe you just have to play goaline or something so that its not such a disadvantage to the opponent)
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

yeah cas, i always bring my safetys up when i'm feelin run and ESPECIALLY if they built an agro run team, thats common sense? if i'm blitzing i want my safetys covering the rb's NOT my lb's, they can play a hook zone weak side and blitz or something. the best part of my game is d, and i'm finally figuring out how to play it in madden 10 with what coincides my opposition. like last year man was unusable, this yeah i can mix it in a little which is a nice surprise. anyways, i've taken a couple losses this year and thats fine, the guys played great (think they both left for some reason) and its hard to put a definate label on sim anymore. it all comes down to look, don't play like an asshole, don't exploit the games flaws and be respectful. 4th and 18...no, thats not really realistic...but 4th and a couple before halftime to go for the throat? yeah...if your pitching a shutout and got faith in your d i think its a good call.

there is no more conventional offense...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down