Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheduling/Missing Games - Suggestions?

3 posters

Go down

Scheduling/Missing Games - Suggestions? Empty Scheduling/Missing Games - Suggestions?

Post  Scrillstar Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:12 pm

I have been unable to play my last 3 games and I think one or two others before that all because my opponent simply will not answer me or just won't log on. Deathwish our missed game was simply a scheduling issue, and that just happens, but now it is to the point where I am not in control of my teams destiny this season. I Have lost 4 or 5 games due to simulation (lost every simulation, only lost one of my player controlled games) and everytime it is simulated one of my key players are injured (this week my starting rookie QB is out for 5 weeks).

Now I understand sometimes scheduling problems happen but lately it has been my opponent hasn't logged in over 24 hours but its not over 30 or whatever the limit is to where I can play a game against the CPU. I have to go to work for the early part of the day but I am on all night and still unable to play against my recent opponents. I have also had a couple of my opponents just not return my messages or just log off when I message them.

The point of this post is I wanted to see if we could make ti so you can request a CPU game in certain circumstances. Like when your opponent hasn't logged for over 24 hrs but the deadline is coming up in an hour or whatever. Also if your opponent just will not respond. I know you cannot prove they are not responding and a rule like this could be potentially abused which is why it is probably not in motion now, but does anyone have any suggestions or thought on how to rectify this issue?

I am sure I am not the only one who has lost their season but no control of their own. If I am only one or one of the few with this issue then I guess forget this post and the means it may be my fault more than anyone else's and im just mad about losing 5 games and key players without my control when I have played so well in games I actually get to play. However, I have a feeling I am not only one with this problem due to participation % being down lately.

Anyways, sorry this is so long. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

Scrillstar

Back to top Go down

Scheduling/Missing Games - Suggestions? Empty Re: Scheduling/Missing Games - Suggestions?

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:05 pm

i usually never get my games simmed and most the time, can play my opponent by doing the following things; soon as the new week is available i friend request the guy AND send him a message of my times of availability, which for me is anytime after 630pm east. i also ask him what day and time can he be on to play, and since my schedule is pretty flexible in the evenings i will meet him on that day and time, works 90 percent of the time. relying on your opp responding to a message or just coincidentally being on at the same time will fail. if people would just set a date/time to play i think we would have a much higher success rate of games being played. if they don't respond within 24hrs i'd tell the commish until he recognizes your situation and can boot the inactive opp, and let him rejoin later if he so desires...it'll at least keep you from having sim losses and sim games in general.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scheduling/Missing Games - Suggestions? Empty Re: Scheduling/Missing Games - Suggestions?

Post  Scrillstar Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Yeah I part of it is me just not having better communication. However, my last two opponents I tried this with and still nothing.

Scrillstar

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:14 pm

just gotta let deathwish know and he can boot em so u can get a cpu game rather than a sim, and if they don't reclaim their team theres always another active player who will.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Yeah bro...please message me as soon as you're having problems...only problem is...I have a lot of trouble getting on at night because I have a family of 4 to take care of...and it's especially tough right now with my two daughters (ages 8 & 10) both playing basketball, indoor soccer, and volleyball during the week and a lot of their games and practices are at night. But if you can message me possibly before you go to bed on the night before the deadline or in the morning before you go to work or as soon as you are having problems getting ahold of your opponent...I can normally help. Waiting till the very last moment though the night of the deadline doesn't help anything...most of the time when I boot guys...i get messages from the first day the week opens up letting me know that their opponent hasn't been on and/or is ignoring them. The problem with what you said in your first post is that we both have 2 completely different schedules during the week...so the sooner you message me and let me know ur having problems the sooner I can help. I'm always up and on around 8:00 am eastern every day of the week. Just try and communicate a little better and don't wait until the last minute to let me know ur having problems. I'm friends with everyone in this franchise...and I have to be...to be able to send messages to everyone...but I also have the power of telling you when your opponent was last on and we can go from there. The rules state that if you're opponent hasn't been on in over 30 hours of the week opening...you're eligible for a cpu game. All I can say is try and communicate with me a little better. As you can tell by my most recent posts and ps3 messages...I'm fed up with a lot of people in this franchise. Those ppl know who they are. I'm going to be a lot tighter on the 48 hour deadline than in the past. I'm not granting extensions anymore for the same group of guys each week. Just try your best to get ahold of me...and now that you've made this post...I will make a special note to myself to check and see who you are playing each week to see if I can help you out...that is what I'm here for. I got your back bro...I just need you to work with me as well and communicate with me as soon as you're having problems.

Also...have you added your information to the owners page on here? I'm not comfortable giving out my personal cell #...but some guys do have it...but that is a good way for people to get your information to get ahold of you.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down