Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am new. What's up everyone. Rule Talk.

3 posters

Go down

I am new.  What's up everyone.  Rule Talk. Empty I am new. What's up everyone. Rule Talk.

Post  Aug17 Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:16 am

I am new in the network, and im trying to familiarize myself with all of the rules that exist. First of all, I dont completely agree with some of them, but that is to be expected as you cant please everyone. One in particular that come to mind is that you can only squi b in the end of the half and the game. This rule makes gameplay more unrealistic in my opinion. There is very clear risk associated with a squib......i.e. it may go out of bounds, it may go directly to the short guy sitting at the 40, and you knowinlgy concede good field position. Why would you do this?? Heres a couple of reasons....Devin Hester is back there. NFL teams use directional kicking all the time against guys like that. You just scored a TD on a very tough defensive player who is weak offensively. So you would rather take your chances his offense at the 35-40 than kick it to him. Im my opinion this rule is unnecessary. I dont always squib (i like think of myself as a simplayer), but I dont like having this ability limited. Just some food for thought. Any feedback is appreciated.

Another thing....explain the 1-5-5 rule. What is considered a passing down. Arent they all??? There is a lot of ambiguity in this new rule.

Aug17

Back to top Go down

I am new.  What's up everyone.  Rule Talk. Empty Re: I am new. What's up everyone. Rule Talk.

Post  DEN_24 Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 pm

would be best to check directly with greener, but alot of the rules are there because of glitches in the game... i mean there would be nothing worng with an nfl team sitting in the same defense all game, but theyd lose... in madden for some reason, some plays, coverages and and even special team plays are unrealistic, so i agree tih the majority of the rules, and the ones i dont agree with rarely come into play... like how often are you really gonna play against hester ? but ur right, squib kicks should be allowed... onside kicks are a different story... all in all its a great league and the rules help a hell of alot more than they hurt... one adition i really liked was that ur not allowed to take a defensive linesman off the line of scrimmage and drop back into coverage on a punt... things u NEVER see in the nfl, should be banned from the game
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

I am new.  What's up everyone.  Rule Talk. Empty squib kick

Post  kavorka2 Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:35 pm

i actually agree with the rule in place. in reality, when a team squib kicks, its just to take the ball out of their STAR kick returners hands, so basically some big heavy set guy grabs the ball around the 40 or what not. in MADDEN, it happens very often that when you squib kick, the opponents AI cant seem to find the ball. so its just rolling around with no one around it until the team that squib kicked picks it up around the 35 or 30 (and they gain possesion, so it works like an onside kick). prove me wrong or something, but i definately dont see that happen in the NFL.

*if you want to take the ball out of 'devin hesters' hands, then just kick it straight up in the air and not as hard, that would probably work.

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

I am new.  What's up everyone.  Rule Talk. Empty Re: I am new. What's up everyone. Rule Talk.

Post  Aug17 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:51 pm

that rule is a really minor issue. Just brought it up because there are times that I might squib which arent with less than a minute to go. I completely agree that rules help alot and make gameplay better.

Aug17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down