Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question for you guys

5 posters

Go down

is this acceptable?

question for you guys Vote_lcap33%question for you guys Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
question for you guys Vote_lcap67%question for you guys Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 6

question for you guys Empty question for you guys

Post  falconfansince81 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:25 pm

is running nothing but combinationsof wildcat, wr screens and hb slot screens ALL game acceptable by league standards?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

question for you guys Empty Re: question for you guys

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:49 pm

haha 2 me why not least I know your gameplan now but it is against the rules to run the same play over and over .. even if 1s a rb screen and 1s a wr screen Id spread them out threw out your game plan as for the wild cat.. thats a run play ..and in my opinon run plays should be aloud as much as you want .. I mean what if you just dont want to pass? hey if im running all over you why would I pass ? and its your job to stop my run ..

but no play should be the same play 8 times in a row .. but I see no reason you wouldnt call a play that works a few times in a row type thing

the commish is a better person to ask than me though just my opinion ..hes the boss Im just a player ya kno lol but when we play Ill let it slide if you let me do me ( I dont even play against the rules but im just saying I dont wanna hear any complaints if I beat you and let you use ur game plan ..I dont wanna beat some1 who is forced to not play it there way ...)
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  cas850 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:39 pm

i just think it's lame. whether i win or lose, it's still no fun playing against people like that. why don't you learn some other plays? it's not that hard...it just seems like you're trying to take advantage of the game's AI b/c no team in NFL or college would be close to successful doing that ALL game. cheap, low class, amateur, are a few words that come to mind...
cas850
cas850

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:59 pm

cas has a point... you shouldnt just do those plays I didnt think it threw .. honestly if you use them alot fine but u cant constantly ... obviously you cant throw..and probably have a bad rb? practice .. we all have our flaws/ints/loses i see both sides ima be quiet now lol
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:04 pm

its def not my gameplan, and win or lose it just wasn't fun to play a guy that did that. just wanted the leagues opinion, cause if thats how its gonna be with alot of people maybe this isnt the league for me :/
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  markbosco11 Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:13 pm

you must reports players and teams that run those plays all the time..., the commish has set the rules that those plays can't be ran often and any person who does this are in breach of the rules!!!!
markbosco11
markbosco11

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 pm

i reported it as soon as the game was over, but i don't think any action is being taken
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:20 pm

who cheated? bc if it was you your not supposta report it your just not suposta do it .. thats the whole point of reporting..its not so the commish knows your doing it its so he knows whose trying to get away with it ..
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:40 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:i reported it as soon as the game was over, but i don't think any action is being taken

t-realist and ezweightloss have both been warned, and if it happens again I will determine a sanction for them

There is an extremely fine line between running the same play over again and taking what the defense is giving you. For instance, when the plays are stopped, I doubt anyone is going to complain if you get a player on third and long after 2 wildcat runs that go nowhere or are stopped for negative yardage. I was playing someone today and I had run two screens in the first half, both successful and used situationally, but my opponent sent me a message saying "that's your second screen". My initial thought was, stop blitzing with the outside LB's and I'll stop screening.

I understand that you guys want people to run a variety of plays like they do in the NFL, but this simply isn't going to happen with every team. If you were watching the Ohio St vs Michigan game yesterday there was a quote of Jim Tressel when he was some team's offensive coordinator (Maybe Bowling Green?) and after the team ran the same play five times in a row the the head coach asked "Jim do you have any other plays that you can call" to which his response was "Yes, and as soon as they stop this one I'll call it"

Also, sometimes to play to your team's strengths your play-calling is different than a conventional pro-offense. If you have a weak offensive line and tons of speed at the skill positions, you want to get those players into space. You don't run up the middle behind a weak offensive line, so your runs are tosses, stretch plays, counters, etc. If you're running the same defensive play all game, because you're able to stop their offense should you be forced to switch? If the strength of your team is in the d-line should you be required to mix it up and use 3 and 2 man fronts? They run lots of different looks in the NFL, but I doubt that most people here used more than 5 different defensive plays.

However, these players have still been warned so we know where they stand now.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

https://madden.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 am

thank god and yah I played ez in another league I think and it felt...glitchy but dont go by word it could be the wrong guy ..

as far as what you said thank god bc some of my runs work so well and I stop and throw ..and end up punting just so i dont break rules lol now I know I can run until u stop me ( and the plays I run are not cheap I dont even augment them just run what the cpu set up usualy ) and ppl have caught on that I played and it killed me until i found some more plays : ) lol but yah we should be aloud to do what ppl in real life would do..like the pats would throw deep over and over bc of moss..but if it isnt working they have many other options ( faulk / screen / wes/ the rook/ run..)
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 am

his two td's came on a missed tackle for 70 yards and a wr screen. other than that my d was solid and i shut everything down. i seldom pick a defensive play and just go with it, i'm always audibling different players to cover/blitz what i think will be effective. aside from two big plays off missed tackles it was a shutout so i'm not griping about not being able to stop the plays. it was the single most boring game i've played in a franchise, where i was under the impression the players were supposed to be pretty decent at the game and understand the concept of football (90 percent are very fun to play). my offense i'll admit struggled a lot, i made some bad decisions trying to force some plays with mcnabb and i accept that...but it wasn't about winning or losing, it was about the quality of opponent. also i had to pause the game to set up my defensive assignments, but apparently he couldn't let me do that and just hit start so i had 30 seconds to make my depth chart adjustments (thought we were supposed to wait). commish warned, thats all i asked for, hopefully next time around i'll get some variety and have a gg.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down