Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiefs vs Redskins game...

+3
cas850
JohnnyLagZ17
athleticone
7 posters

Go down

Chiefs vs Redskins game... Empty Chiefs vs Redskins game...

Post  athleticone Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:41 pm

So I just got done playing the Redskins (markbosco11) and he had beef with me going for it on 4th and 3 inside my 20 with 3:31 left in the 4th and I'm up 10 - 7...

Rules state...
D. 4th Downs:
- You may go for it on 4th down if you are winning but it has to be within 3 yards of the 1st down and you must be on the other team's side of the field. (Please do not abuse, only if necessary.)
- You may go for it on 4th and 1 or less at any time throughout the game at your own risk.
- If you are losing in the 4th quarter, you may go for it on 4th down regardless of distance

So I go for it and score which puts me up 10. I guess he was in goaline D. He had ample time to call timeout and change D. I might of second guessed myself. But he didn't. I chose to go for the win. Had he stopped me would he had said something, probably not. Now mind you that he has been successful on the deep ball on me. He had no run game. I held him to under 10 yds rushing. So anyway I kick it off and he scores on the first play, deep ball. Which is why I chose to go for the TD...

We also spent about 10 min going back and forth after I scored the TD. I ended up telling him take it to commish.

Does anyone think I cheated the rules or him?
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Chiefs vs Redskins game... Empty Re: Chiefs vs Redskins game...

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:56 pm

no but i see where hes coming from but heres a thing I think you should pause and ask ppl if they care if they dont then u can do w/e ..doesnt leave the game if no1 has a problem with it ..but he would of said no

hes just mad ..he lost right .. you followed the rules completely .. and I think if its a tight game any 4th down should be allowed honestly .. bc you fail they win/ get a chance to win ... u make it maybe u win / u win so i dont have a problem with it

but what you did wasnt cheating at all sux hes mad about it I know how he feels when u feel cheated ..not beaten .. ( im not talkin about gemini by the way he beat me..no cheating I dont wanna confuse any1..but in another league some1 had a very glitchy game and I bearly lost and felt cheated ...) hell get over it .. next week proly win 2 lol
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  cas850 Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

i think in real life thats fine. you just did what the patriots did against the colts. i have no problem with it, but in this league the rule clearly states you must be on the other side of the field. the redskins owner is right to be a little upset about that.

i don't know what to tell you. personally, i would be inclined to probably do the same you did, but in this league that looks like it's against the rules so it looks like you were in the wrong. just my 2 cents.
cas850
cas850

Back to top Go down

Post  cas850 Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:00 pm

johnnylaz, he didn't follow the rules.

he went for it on HIS side of the field.

that's clearly against the rules.
cas850
cas850

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 pm

ahh didnt c HIS thought he meant the other side my bad

yah you broke the rules but again i still feel the same way .. you dont make it ..he can score easily sometimes thats the smarter gameplan like you said he was throwing all over u so save some time if you dont make it and he scores quickly so u can score ..Id say strategic

but rules r rules and unless he agrees u can idt you should break them man u wont get booted tho but soon warnings are gonna be more than just warnings thanks 2 ez..

and to the guy complainin I feel your pain and you are right I have no problem with you but I hope you would of complained if he didnt make it as well ...
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:55 pm

When I was playing against tragicallyhip_ today he was on my 46 on a 4th and 5 and sent me a message asking if he can go for it. There are always going to be scenarios that are outside of the rules, but completely acceptable to go for it. This was on the first drive of the game, he's out of FG range, but probably too close to punt.

I personally had no problem with him going for it (and he was stopped) so it's starting to come to a point where I think it should be discussed during the game. Every play/scenario is different, and converting on the 4th downs does not determine the outcome of the game.

Athleticone, please do not abuse this in the future.
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

https://madden.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:02 pm

exactly i did the same thing .. sucky thing is only 5 pauses lol but yu shuldnt need that many any way you can get a feel for it..how bout this if u break the rule and the guy had said no..2 late or something u just punt on 1st down ..

my game i fumbled the kr 1st 1 of the game ..just started ..he scored..i go almost 3 and out and i asked if i could go 4 it hes like ur call ( it was 4th and 4..) I made it scored..still lost ..( had a bad game )

maybe before games it could be discussed in some manor ? no fakes? idk ...
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael_isking RADIMUS Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 pm

The Chiefs going for it inside their own 20 yard line is crazy. I remember when I used to play ranked games this guy did something I've never seen it was 4th and over 20 yards and he was inside his own 5 yard line and went for it. He obviously didn't convert the 4th and infinity but the fact that he went for it on 4th down the field and the parking lot annoyed me. Might as well play guys that block kickoffs.

If I ever play anyone that goes for it at their own 20 yard line and it's not a desperation situation in the 4th with 1 minute left in the game, that's when I might as well go back to playing the cheats that block kickoffs. Hey Chiefs next time punt the ball.
Michael_isking RADIMUS
Michael_isking RADIMUS

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:41 pm

so you got cheats huh .. if you play me n its the 4th at any point and im down and its 4th down im going 4 it .. u cheat ima start screaming for you to be booted dont be such a baby over 4th downs...its just like a turnover if u stop them play some d already my god
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  markbosco11 Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

wow hold on lads, he was in my half on my 20yrd line, he had been running down the clock all the way from early in the 3rd and right down to my 20 with 3.34 left on the clock, i stopped him on 3rd and 3yrds and when we lined up i was in goal line defence thinking that he would take the 3pts to put him up by 6pts but i didnt notice till the last second that he was going for and he didnt even give me a sec to change my play leaving him with 3 open receivers to pass to....

i didnt go mad or anything, i just asked him if he thought that was fair and within the rules we have....i didnt get aggresive, earlier in the game(3rd Q) i was stopped and was left with 4th and inches in his half and i punted it away which i thought was what we do but then he takes advantage of my goodwill.

And it was a great game btw.
markbosco11
markbosco11

Back to top Go down

Post  Christonite Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Thanks Mark for clearing that up
Christonite
Christonite
Admin

https://madden.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:04 pm

ohhh ite i feel yu thats 1 of those online tricks when ppl rnt payn attention yu catch them off guard..tho it happens to a player once in a while in real life that is def not possible in real life thats bs sorry man I thought u were just whinning over a 4th down conversion bc ive gone for it before when allowed ( by the person not just the rules )

but he should of paused the game and told u .. he had the lead and all right ?

sorry 4 what i said I didnt no the details I shouldnt of overreacted lol but still im gonna go 4 it on u if its 4th down and im losing n its within the rules or u let me lol
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:24 pm

You didn't come out in special teams formation to block a FG. And I didn't hurry up and snap it. So a timeout woulda remedied if u felt defense was at a disadvantage. It was a good game all the through. So had to have known would of been a possibility.

Plus when you had 4th and inches were well within rules of going for it. Ur field position was about the same from where u missed a previous FG, which is why I thought u punted it. And put me on the 6 yard line. Ask anyone else I've played it's been straightup even this game. I was in a situation that anyone else would of done.

I like the 4th down rules but also there are situation in games that it doesn't cover. Now had I paused it and asked him. Chances are he says no, of course,so he can possibliy get the adavntage. Had I went for it even with him saying no I'd be wrong.
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:38 pm

sounds like a misunderstanding ... let it slide...

but could u all go vote on my trade plz commish says i need votes for it to be ok ..im the lions ( obviously ) plz I want this trade to go threw asap not in 3 days .. so we both can set our lineups thnx if you do
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblue15 Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Please vote on our TRADE POLL......
Raiders and Lions
bigblue15
bigblue15

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:50 pm

big blue or christonite maybe you guys should make the poll as it seems no1 views my posts ...
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  markbosco11 Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:52 pm

hey Chiefs, i just told you the i was in special team defence, which i was, so don't make me out to be a liar, i have the replay saved if you want to see it again, just so we are clear.
markbosco11
markbosco11

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyLagZ17 Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:01 am

lol hes got the replay games over just drop it I see where your both coming from a tight game can cause this lol

can u 2 do me n big blue a huge favor and go vote on our trade ..its under trades/transactions plzzz
JohnnyLagZ17
JohnnyLagZ17

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticone Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:19 am

Not trying to say ur a liar. Guess I saw something different. How do u upload the replay to the site?
athleticone
athleticone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down