Madden Leagues
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE

+6
tomer629
kavorka2
ScHlOeR87
jmojsoski
falconfansince81
Ryno341
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we boot Boywonder to save the SIM league?

VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Vote_lcap36%VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Vote_lcap64%VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 14

VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Empty VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE

Post  Ryno341 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:41 pm

This is a vote to try and save our SIM league from players like Boywonder. Voice your opinion here. I don't mind the controversy that this may cause, because I believe it is a completely legitimate argument. If you want my opinion on the Boy, then just check out the 1-5-5 formation message board. Also the AFC conference championship message board.

Honestly, if Boybore continues to rape our league, I might just hand my team off to someone else.
Ryno341
Ryno341

http://ryansaidwhat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Empty Re: VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE

Post  Ryno341 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 pm

honestly I would never use any formation out of context to the play called on the opposite side, or situation in the game. I honestly have no idea how to NANO, or any of that crap because i've never looked at how to do it. i've always gone off of realistic decision making. if I do anything in Madden its never to exploit A.I. or anything like that. pure football philosophies.

As for Boywonder, I can tell he doesn't know much about football just by the way he plays. Anyone who uses just two defensive plays an entire game, and never makes adjustments is not that smart football IQ wise. the reason he doesn't adjustments is because he knows he has the stick skills necessary to make the play sooner or later. bend but don't break. which is fine i guess in a football sense too sometimes. rare instances, such as the tampa 2 defense, defenses usually only use a couple of variations of defensive playcalling. the bears did this for a couple years when they were dominant.

games against players like Boywonder are boring because you usually have to throw out half your offensive play calling, because you know it's just not going to work against the same damn defense over and over again. this turns a sim game into a video game. borrringgggggg and really frustrating.

games that are fun are games that are played against players such as falconsfan. these are the type of players that made me fall in love with madden. defensive battles, with offense taking over at opportune moments. we had a great 24 - 24 game the other day, but were unable to finish because the EA servers suckkkkk. this is fun. battle of wits and intellect. not a battle of stick skills.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 pm

i haven't played him yet but if i make it to the super bowl i might record the entire game with my capture card for the hell of it if you guys are interested. what formations does he run thats so unbeatable w/o making adjustments, the 155? i'll tell you right now i'm subbing in two extra lineman and running power i the entire game if thats the case...i know theres a rule against using it in run situations so was he doing that?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 am

u are taking this to another level...if u bums honestly think he should be booted....i feel sorry for the rest of good players that come to this league....i might be next to get the boot....
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 am

rnyo hand ur team off..ill find a better replacment....
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 am

nah i'd rather not hand my team off. i've been here since the beginning and i've put a ton of time and effort into them. that's why I care so much about this. anyways, let people vote. if it doesn't pass then i'll shut up about it. but i know i'm not alone in this. it's not about him being better. it's about him playing it like it's a video game, and not like a sim game.

if you want an example in how you should play the game, play against deathwish or greenerrrr. best examples of what we should strive for in this league on a whole.

also if you really could find a better recruit than me, why aren't you actively doing this for other teams to better the league? color me skeptical.....
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:31 am

because this exact thing will happen...and most of the people i can recruit rather would have me as the commish just cause i no them....And if this league becomes more competitive i doubt many people will stay...People truly can stand losing and will drop their team...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  ScHlOeR87 Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:38 am

i voted no.. i havent really played him so i cant judge

ScHlOeR87

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:44 am

what i really don't understand....Has this guy broken any rules?
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Empty boywonder

Post  kavorka2 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 am

likes to stay forever in the pocket, and 'rocket catch' .. meaning just throws the ball deep downfield and uses his 'stick skills' to catch the ball over any defender. that to me isnt too much fun or doesnt require much football IQ or knowledge, just video game skills i guess

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 am

I have never played boywonder so Im not gonna vote.

But I will say 1-5-5 defense is BS cheese

I play him tommorow so I guess ill find out. I hope he doesnt use that 1-5-5 against me cause I hate that BS.

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:28 pm

I voted no. As much as his playing style aggravates the shit out of me and the fact that he doesn't play true sim football sucks...but the guy doesn't break any of our rules...and I don't know about you guys...but it seems we have a rule for everything in this network of franchises...as soon as someone finds a play whether on offense or defense that dominates and is unstoppable...there always seems to be a new rule that pops up within the next few weeks to ban it...I can't boot a guy for beating the shit out of all of us. If anything this should just make us all want to play harder to beat him. There is no right or wrong thing to do. If we boot him, then does that mean I have to boot everyone else who dominates this franchise? Those members would include falconfan (who allowed less points than boywonder), jmo (scored more points on offense than boywonder), greener (always a playoff contender), newcomer djgamer (who finished with a better record than boywonder), mjkight (always a playoff contender and has ryno's number), ryno (always makes the playoffs) and so on...these guys are doing absolutely nothing wrong...and that wouldn't be fair either. I've made the playoffs every single season...and I think my overall record in this franchise is like 40-8...that is pretty damn good for 3 seasons. My point is...yes it sucks that he doesn't play our "style" of sim football...but I wouldn't be a good commish for booting a guy who is technically doing nothing wrong in our franchise by our franchise standards. Unless all of the commissioners get together and vote that you can't run the same defensive play every down or use your hit stick on every fucking tackle (which will never happen)...boywonder is here to stay....or until he pisses off Greenerrrr (I'm kidding bro!...LOL!).

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:52 pm

NO more to say...he summed it up
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Again, I have not played boywonder yet so take that into consideration

but this statement by deathwish bugged me

"As much as his playing style aggravates the shit out of me and the fact that he doesn't play true sim football sucks..."

you say right there that he isnt playing sim football

isnt this supposed to be a sim league??

perhaps the fact that he doesnt play sim football has something to do with why he is dominating

something to think about

tomer629

Back to top Go down

VOTE TO SAVE OUR SIM LEAGUE Empty reply to tomer

Post  kavorka2 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:14 pm

exactly. i wouldnt call boywonder really 'dominating' since he doesnt play sim football like you say. someone that comes to mind that DID dominate was MiTotalAccess. he was a true player that dominated every game i played him. with no BS

kavorka2

Back to top Go down

Post  falconfansince81 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:55 pm

jmo dominates with not only great user skills but great play calling too, one of the few guys i look forward to playing cause he's a great challenge and has a great knowledge of the game. i can't imagine boywonder is any different since i haven't played him, but my vote is no...he doesn't break any rules right?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah...but some people's style of play dominates others...I know there are a ton a little rivalries in each division of both conferences...some guys just own guys for some reason. I've been shutdown by guys in this franchise...but dominated their rivals who they have problems with...What is a true sim player? That is truly the real question here. All of us in the franchise are guilty of running a play or making a pick on defense that would be absolutely impossible in the real world...it's impossible to play real sim football through a video game. We've made every damn rule in the book to stop cheezers, glitchers, poor sportsmanship, and bullshit plays. If we make any more rules up...we might as well just stop playing the actual games and sim every game each week. That is what this is all coming down to. Am i tired of getting my ass kicked by him? YES. Do I think I can beat him? YES. Does he make mistakes? YES. Has he broken any of our "rules", played with poor sportmanship, or has he contantly ran the same bullshit plays? NO. I'm not gonna lie...if I knew how to use the hit stick the way he does...I would be dominating this league as well and trying to defend myself. The dude makes mistakes...he is human. I don't know who recruited him...but they must have saw something in him that they thought was worthwhile to put him in all of these sim franchises that he is dominating in. I've even ranted and raved about how much his style pisses me off...but I don't want to boot him...I want to try and figure out how to get pass his hit sticking game. Maybe we all need to sit back and start labbing and figure out how to dominate his game instead of sitting around and bitching about it.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:08 pm

just lost to boywonder on a last second field goal. I hate to look like im coming on here crying about a loss, because IM NOT, I could have beat him but I totally fucked up and threw my gameplan out the window on my last drive, the pick i threw was just as ugly and stupid as the one favre threw in the real NFCCG.

That said, I had decided far before the game was over that boywonder is indeed a cheeser, not a blatant, super bad, 5wide screen every play kinda cheeser, but a cheeser nonetheless. Man I wish you guys hadnt talked him up so much or I would have taken a FG on my first drive instead of going for it and failing on a 4th and 4 in the red zone.

Boywonder is not as unbeatable as you guys think. He just does the same cheese that every lvl 20+ online ranked game player does. Runs that get perfect blocking every time, running right up to the line of scrimmage before throwing ( a known glitch that makes the defense quit covering and start to come forward at the QB) motioning his WR and then hiking the ball when his wr is behind the line so he has an extra blocker that confuses the Dline and opens up HUGE holes. Havent seen anyone get holes that big all year, even when people run goaline vs a dime defense you dont see holes like he was getting. Luckily his RBs are garbage or his runs would have been 80 yarders instead of 8 yarders.

What bugged me about boywonders style of play wasnt his stick skills, honestly every lvl 20+ player has stick skills like that, it was that I knew EXACTLY what play he was doing almost every time after the 1st quarter... but I still couldn't stop it. That is the definition of cheese to me. On his last play that put him in field goal range, I knew the EXACT play he was gonna do, and he was gonna throw it to Brandon Marshal, so I made sure I had 3 guys in that area, CB, LB, and a safety, AND I spotlighted Marshall. Guess what? he caught it anyway for a 22 yard gain on 3rd down.

I base my gameplan on mixing it up, and always trying to keep the defense on its heels and doing the opposite of what they expect. His gameplan was the same 6-7 cheap ass plays every time. I was getting so mad because every time I knew what he was doing, and would spot light his WR or blitz the hole he was running through, but somehow his plays worked almost every time.

all game long I knew the EXACT run play he was doing ( he did the same one like 10 times) yet I couldnt stop him from getting 8+ yds every time. He threw a couple picks that kept me in the game, but if he had just kept to that run game I had no hope.

I played far from my best game, and had the ball with 2 minutes left in a tie game. I shot myself in the foot by throwing it right to his safety, something that I had been specifically avoiding all game.

Basically players like boywonder are the exact reason I stopped playing ranked games. Once you get up to like lvl 17-20, everyone you play does the same BS that boywonder does. Thats why I was used to playing against his style and almost beat him. These players know every little glitch in the game and exploit them.

so to sum up, yes boywonder is a cheeser, but no his cheese did not beat me, I have played and beat players like him many times, just havent played a ranked game in a few months so I forgot a lot of the stuff. (like running right up to the line before throwing to get your receivers open)

Boywonder Im not trying to disrespect you. I believe that you really dont think you are cheesing. But after 200 ranked games I quit playing because everyone I played did the same annoying BS that you do, and the only way to beat them consistently was to do the same shit, which isn't fun for me. I like real football. Not using every exploit in the game. I agree with what was said above, boywonder is a great GAMER. He plays the style that they do in madden tourneys, not sim style. So I vote we boot him (sorry dude)

you dont go 50-0 without stretching the rules a little (or a lot)

god damnit I want a rematch

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post  tomer629 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:23 pm

deathwish his hitsticking isnt really even that good imo, maybe I just kept it away from his safety or got lucky idk

mjkight impressed me a lot more with his stick skills

what bugs me is 75% of his plays I knew exactly what he was gonna do but it worked anyway. There were at least 5 catches where i spotlighted his WR and he still got wide open.

You said he doesnt run the same BS plays over and over, I have to disagree. He did run the same plays, thats how I usually knew what he was gonna do. Some of the BS routes and run plays were ones that are pretty common in high lvl ranked games.

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 pm

"and the only way to beat them consistently was to do the same shit, which isn't fun for me." your quote has no facts to prove it and its completely false...i bear witness to this... You don't have to stoop to their level to beat them...I have done it many times...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Yes, but J-MO this is where i disagree with your statement. We shouldn't have to change our gameplans to cover the style of play he is putting on the field...he isn't playing sim football...you even just admitted that you don't have to stoop to their levels...meaning that you know he's playing on a different level and not a sim football level in which all these franchises in this network were created to go by.

Well I will say this much in the end. We booted QBxKILLA the first season for doing the SAME EXACT THING. He didn't break any rules...he played a clean game...he just knew every little trick in the book and Greener booted him from every franchise he was in. Greener and other commissioners what is your opinion on this? I'd really like to here a YES we boot him or a NO we keep him from all my boys who have been here from the beginning of this franchise and/or run the other franchises in this network (Greenerrrr, MJ, Kavorka, & Falconfan)...A decision must be made soon. This is a democracy...I listen to and read every single message you guys send me...Although I am commissioner I'd like to know what the guys who put their time and effort into this franchise every week think. Greener, I'd really like to know what you think about all of this...you've been very quiet.

Please simply reply to this message with a YES to boot him...or a NO to keep him. I really don't know what the right thing is to do without hearing from EVERYONE. It seems it's just a handful of you guys replying to these messages.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryno341 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 pm

Please note: Schloer voted NO on booting him because he hasn't ever played him. He also agreed with everything I said when I ranted under the 1-5-5 rule. No clue why he would even vote on this if he hasn't played him, because all that does is hurt the cause of the ppl that actually have an opinion on his play.
Ryno341
Ryno341

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 pm

well as u no...i voted NO...and i voted NO for the booting of QBxKILLA also....Dam i would hate to see him go...just trust me on this one....i proli wont stay much longer if he's booted because it seems all the bums want the best players booted...I might be next... just wow...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathwish22 Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 pm

J-MO you been hangin out with Grim on the weekends? Bums huh? LOL!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22

Back to top Go down

Post  jmojsoski Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:32 pm

nope..i'm just calling it like it is...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content